Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD received a video game for Christmas that she does not want. It is "Spore" galaxy edition for the computer. It was $79 and without a receipt she can only exchange it. I am in need of a store receipt for a chain store. I will pay for it.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Video game - $79.00
Price to buy a receipt - questionable
Ethics taught to daughter... priceless?

Can we spell FRAUD?

Marlene

·
Registered
976 Posts
Try sellling the game on ebay. If it's new it should sell quick and for a decent price. Or better yet ask the person who gave her the game if they have the receipt?

·
Wasza polska matka
6,912 Posts
WM will return for a different title if it is unopened, same game only, receipt or not if it is oponed (because they can be copied)

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has not been opened and don't you all think asking the giver would have been my first thought. They do not have the receipt.
Not a big deal, I can go to Walmart and they will give her a store credit. Just thought if I had a receipt i could get the money back. And she can buy what she wants.

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
I once did this w/son. We got the store card f/WM or Kmart and I gave my son the money and I used the card.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Video game - $79.00
Price to buy a receipt - questionable
Ethics taught to daughter... priceless?

Can we spell FRAUD?

Marlene
If she had stolen the game and wanted a receipt to get money back for a stolen item, then it would be fraud. However, since the original real receipt is not available, I do not believe that one can reasonably call it fraud.

Spore is widely known, BTW, for having copy protection problems. It causes conflicts with some common utility programs. There are other problems with the game's performance, too.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If it is unopened you should be able to get store credit. Could she not find something within the store that she wants.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The walmarts around here just offer you gift cards back the first few days if you have no recipts.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Get a store card.

You can get a store to give you the cash from the card.. you just have to demand long and loudly enough :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts