Doe won't cooperate

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by uncleotis, Mar 15, 2005.

1. uncleotis

uncleotis Well-Known Member

I'm new here so maybe this question has been asked/answered but here it is. I have this doe who won't let the buck breed her, he trys but she just hangs tight so to speak. I've read to put your hand under the does belly and lift her up somewhat, I've tried that but that doesn't seem to help either.

Here's another question, when a buck breeds a doe, after he gets his thing done does he always fall off and look dead for a few seconds in order for the doe to acutally be bred?

Thanks for the help.

2. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

I am still new to the rabbit breeding but that has been my experience with the rabbits, my buck usually squeals and then falls over for a few seconds and then gets right back up, if he doesnt do that then I know he hasnt done the full deed so to speak :)

3. otterbob

otterbob New Member

Kumusta , uncleotis

I used to have this problem often so I decided to cull the "problem" doe's . when I butchered them I noticed the every one of them were fat {lots of fat inside} after that when I have a "problem" doe she gets pet on a diet and so does the rest of the herd ! I told this to a friend that had the problem and he put his herd and problem doe's on a diet and it worked for him also .
    It seems to be an overfeeding problem "MOST" of the time .

Salamat , Otter Bob

PS: dont want to touch the second question !