doe with scours

Discussion in 'Goats' started by idahocurs, Dec 25, 2004.

1. idahocurs

idahocurs Well-Known Member

I recently sent my only two does off to be bred and when they came back both of them had eye infections??? (very watery and some what cloudy) I have been treating with terimyicin(SP) cream as the breeder recommended and one is doing better but the other has not cleared up totaly and she now has scours what do you feel I should treat for and with what? Thanks all Brad

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

ok above GUEST this is not an appropriate link to put on this list hope nobody else goes there NOT FOR CHILDREN !!!

3. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Now for the eye infections and scours If were my doe I would treat with MOM and probios also Fortified BComplex.
    My guess is the eye infections could possibly be pink eye if this is the case bright light will cause them pain so cover eye or keep inside a few days keep treating with what you are. as for scours probably the changes in feeding. I would not feed anything except hay for a few days and alfalfa pellets if you use them. Plenty of loose minerals /baking soda all free choice.
    I would also take both of their temperatures just to rule out anything more serious

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

ok,mirese, not funny.
    We are very serious aboout our goats here, and all of our animals, we don't like what you posted, even in a forgien language, a child can figure out the site, please don't do that again. because we do have children that come to this site. thank you.

5. Pinehillfarm

Pinehillfarm New Member

When my goats or dog as a matter of fact I give A beaten up egg if real bad two. mixed up real good in a bowl then I open there mouth and pour right down. the next mornig it was gone.