Doe mounting other (heat, right?)

Discussion in 'Goats' started by xoxoGOATSxoxo, Oct 11, 2006.

1. xoxoGOATSxoxo

xoxoGOATSxoxo when in doubt, mumble.

Would a doe mount another doe for any other reason besides heat? I haven't been able to catch her in heat yet this year, but she might have been yesterday, because she mounted the other doe. I just want to make sure. (or as sure as I can be with a goat...) :shrug:

2. goatmarm

goatmarm Well-Known Member

3. TC

TC Well-Known Member

One of them should be in heat...sometimes a doe will do that to show dominance, but since it's breeding season, I would assume the former.

4. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Many times if my girls are feeling really spunky there will be spats break out and some will mount others and some will fight. Some will even hunch and stretch themselves like a buck does when he's stretching his "equipment"! Usually there are none in heat, its all just good fun and cooler weather. But it can also mean a doe is in heat. :shrug:

5. topside1

topside1 Retired Coastie Supporter

Speaking of good fun my 7-month-old LaMancha doe rides my three-month-old wether repeatedly throughout the day’s routine. Funny as heck, believe me neither is in heat, just good comical goat fun....Tennessee John

6. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Day before yesterday my younger doe was vocal and twiching her tail and another doe acting as though she was trying to ride her. I loaded up the smaller doe and drove about 30 miles to get her bred. Job done and returned her home. Yesterday I went to feed and the other doe that was riding the first one was vocal and twiching her tail so had to make another trip back to the breeders. :rolleyes: Thank goodness I have only one more doe that needs breeding. :) Bet your doe is in heat or comming into heat.

7. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Now you just pray that neither of those were first false heats....... :nono: :)

8. goat^farmer

goat^farmer Well-Known Member

sounds like doe in heat & most doe that come in heat will try to make it out with buck until they r ready to have the deed done.