Doe doesn't like buck?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by bunnylove, May 12, 2004.

1. bunnylove

bunnylove Member

Silly question but I am new to this. The buck is ready to go when I put the doe in the cage. She wont lift here tail so I don't think it is working. He hasn't fail off her. Just tries to lick and love on her and mount her. He thumps around and acts like he is upset. She looks ready.There the same age. There cages are right next to each other. He is in love and she seems not to notice him. These are my pets. I never thought about breeding until this spring when his glads droped. They are about 5 to six months old. please help i don't want to keep putting her in his cage if he will get to mad and fight. I don't want to lose one of them...they are my pets. .............Thanks

2. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

They are young and first timers... it takes a few times for them to figure it all out.
    Is her vulva red? that means she is ready. You may need to put them together every day while you feed, water and clean cages. Let him get some practice <wink>

What kind of bunnies do you have? what are you going to do with the babies?

3. bunnylove

bunnylove Member

Yes her Valva is red. I have mini lops. I have a Breeder friend that wants to buy them as breeding stock. She has been asking me since I bought them from her if I would breed them. I never thought about it before. But my Kids keep asking me to have babies. I see no harm as long as I know they will be taken care of.