dodge dynasty doors freezing open

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by okiemom, Dec 8, 2005.

1. okiemom

okiemom Well-Known Member

My car is driving me nuts. It is a '93 w/ 160+miles on it. the engine still is in perfect running order but the body is crap. :eek: That is putting it nicely. Every dynasty I have ever seen has looked like it was in a battle.

It dosent help some sweet person backed into the door frame on the drivers side and hit the door latch area.

Now when it is cold it will freeze open. very maddening. this year it has included the rear doors as well. My door not shutting was bad enough but I really can't go any where if I can't get the boys doors to shut. :grit:

Does anyone have any ideas as what to do? I ahve tried wd-40. minimal help. I have not taken heat to the doors.but heat is what will make them close right again. Is there a sprayon metal heating oil that might help. Otherwise, I have to run the car until the interior gets warm so the doors will close.

We are planning on driving the car into the ground but this makes me want to put her out of my misery before that :nana: . The engine is perfect. Why can a car body stay good as well? :rolleyes: Sorry, I am ranting. It is the little things about cars that will make my eyes cross. Thanks all

2. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Many times the problem comes from a buildup of lubrication which has attracted dirt. Removing the actual latch assemblys, cleaning and lubing would be the correct long term fix. You can try choke cleaner, or brake cleaner and a brush and then keep using WD-40. This might make a mess and will also damage the paint but if it's a driver it might not matter.