Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a lawsuit filed earlier this month, a group of doctors sued the Food and Drug Administration and Department of Health and Human Services for “unlawfully” interfering with their ability to practice medicine and prescribe ivermectin for use in Covid-19 patients.

Specifically, the three doctors—Robert L. Apter, Mary Talley Bowden and Paul E. Marik—argue the FDA can’t ban use of an approved human drug for “off-label” use.

The FDA also can not advise whether a patient should take an approved drug for a particular purpose. Those decisions fall within the scope of the doctor-patient relationship,” the complaint says. “Attempts by the FDA to influence or intervene in the doctor-patient relationship amount to interference with the practice of medicine, the regulation of which is — and always has been — reserved to states.”

One example cited in the complaint is the FDA's article detailing "Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19." Another is an FDA tweet suggesting the drug is only used for animals, when in reality the drug won a Nobel Prize in 2015 for human use.

The doctors are clear the lawsuit in not a debate about the efficacy of ivermectin use for Covid-19 patients, but rather seeks to preserve the independent judgement calls physicians make with their patients regarding treatment options.

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,726 Posts
Any doctor that prescribes ivermectin after reviewing the existing data and reading up on the Third world uses of ivermectin for humans with a parasite load and scant evidence that it reduces Covid deaths, should have their licenses to practice medicine revoked.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Any doctor that prescribes ivermectin after reviewing the existing data and reading up on the Third world uses of ivermectin for humans with a parasite load and scant evidence that it reduces Covid deaths, should have their licenses to practice medicine revoked.
"scant evidence that it reduces Covid deaths"
You say it's "scant"; I prefer to think of it as "evidence that it reduces Covid deaths".
Since you admit there is "evidence that it reduces Covid deaths", why shouldn't people be able to use it, with or without their doctor's, or the government's, concurrence?

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
There’s a very specific and intentional reason why the evidence was, as you put it, “scant”.

Unfortunately, that reason is too far-reaching to be covered by something like a lawsuit. We will have to wait for the next revolution for that one to get sorted out.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Doctors prescribe medication off-label all the time. Most of the time there are no studies as to effecacy outside of the medical community, and many times it comes down to the doctor's own experience with patient reports of benefits. It can go the other way, too - medications that are commonly prescribed can have horrible side effects that the FDA doesn't necessarily mention until enough patient reports pile up, and doctors will warn patients away from medications commonly prescribed for their problem, based on the patient's history.

All medication prescribing is trial and error, however much we want to believe it's cut and dry. The government needs to butt the heck out and leave medication decisions to doctors and their patients, period.

I've had family members benefit greatly from off-label prescriptions and it would really, really tick me off if big daddy government came in and said that they could no longer use it because some group (who is not affected in the least by my relative taking that medication) got their panties in a purely political wad. Noneya business.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Meanwhile, and experimental drug have been approved for children 6 month to 5 years....

Fearmonger is the cause du jour.

·
Premium Member
33,047 Posts
Meanwhile, and experimental drug have been approved for children 6 month to 5 years....

Fearmonger is the cause du jour.
An experimental drug that has been proven to not do what they promised it would do.

According to the numbers the CDC had posted for children 6 months to 5 years, ivermectin is much more effective than the possible symptom lessening effect of the great covid experiment.

·
Registered
395 Posts
In a lawsuit filed earlier this month, a group of doctors sued the Food and Drug Administration and Department of Health and Human Services for “unlawfully” interfering with their ability to practice medicine and prescribe ivermectin for use in Covid-19 patients.

Specifically, the three doctors—Robert L. Apter, Mary Talley Bowden and Paul E. Marik—argue the FDA can’t ban use of an approved human drug for “off-label” use.

The FDA also can not advise whether a patient should take an approved drug for a particular purpose. Those decisions fall within the scope of the doctor-patient relationship,” the complaint says. “Attempts by the FDA to influence or intervene in the doctor-patient relationship amount to interference with the practice of medicine, the regulation of which is — and always has been — reserved to states.”

One example cited in the complaint is the FDA's article detailing "Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19." Another is an FDA tweet suggesting the drug is only used for animals, when in reality the drug won a Nobel Prize in 2015 for human use.

The doctors are clear the lawsuit in not a debate about the efficacy of ivermectin use for Covid-19 patients, but rather seeks to preserve the independent judgement calls physicians make with their patients regarding treatment options.

The nobel was for treating intestinal infestations in farm stock and some humans suffering from similar problems.

Not for corona. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The nobel was for treating intestinal infestations in farm stock and some humans suffering from similar problems.

Not for corona. :rolleyes:
Um... I'll type this slowly 'cause I know you have a hard time keeping up to speed.

The Nobel was brought up to reinforce that Ivermectin is safe to use in humans... it was not brought up in any reference to what it is used for in humans.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad my doctor and I don't need the government's permission to apply effective treatments to my family and me. I used ivermectin as part of long-haul covid treatment and received nothing but benefit from it. My understanding is the only unpleasant side effects from using ivermectin is not from the drug itself, but toxins thrown off by dead and dying parasites passing through your system.

People are like, "NO! I want to KEEP my parasites!"

The long-haul covid treatment works. After my first dose of ivermectin, my body expelled a bunch of liver stones that had not been present pre-covid. You bet I felt better! After the 3rd dose, the calcium deposits in my spine dissolved during a massage. That relieved a lot of chronic pain,

I've been using ivermectin on the farm for 20 or so years. Every time a farm vet visits my place, part of the instructions are "Worm the pee out of her with ivermectin," no matter what the original health issue was. I asked a veterinary researcher about that. He said ivermectin is an anti-inflammatory, effectively reduces viral load of most viruses, and kills most parasites, and works as a tonic to the organs. I gave my livestock, birds and pets a daily double dose of ivermectin for 7 days with no ill effects when brain worm was suspected for area problems. No ill effects.

While you may not like the idea of taking ivermectin for yourself, don't stomp the freedom of others to apply home treatments. It takes about 30 years for research to become protocol and standard medical practice. I don't have to wait for government approval to use an effective treatment, and I fully resent interference that keeps my doctor from practicing the Art of Medicine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Um... I'll type this slowly 'cause I know you have a hard time keeping up to speed.

The Nobel was brought up to reinforce that Ivermectin is safe to use in humans... it was not brought up in any reference to what it is used for in humans.
Hard time following the op, do ya? But that's ok, I can follow it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

9th grade grammar question...

What is the subject in the second sentence? Get it right and you'll be almost up to the rest of the class :p

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Why did you leave out the relevant part of the quote?

The doctors are clear the lawsuit is not a debate about the efficacy of ivermectin use for Covid-19 patients, but rather seeks to preserve the independent judgement calls physicians make with their patients regarding treatment options.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
An experimental drug that has been proven to not do what they promised it would do.

According to the numbers the CDC had posted for children 6 months to 5 years, ivermectin is much more effective than the possible symptom lessening effect of the great covid experiment.
With the number of "healthy" 20 somethings that have had their full regimen of vaxx having both reproductive issues or dropping dead from heart issues, I can only see the issues coming up. Especially since the manufacturers are immune from lawsuits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts