Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What do you think is not working right in your body?

Eating healthy foods?
Walking outside daily?
[/QUO
Kennett Missouri hospital closed in 2018

"Now we are going to have no hospital, no emergency room," he said. "That's huge. As most people know, an ambulance, if they pick someone up they have to go to the nearest hospital. We have numerous emergencies here on a weekly basis, many of which could not go that far."

The Bootheel has the largest infant mortality rate in Missouri. With the hospital closing, Dr. Beach fears this could cause that rate to go even higher.

He said many mothers do not have prenatal care in the area.
"People will suffer as a result to this, especially moms with premature babies, moms that are having placental eruptions, which is a tear in the placenta that causes massive bleeding," Dr. Beach said. "So, those are big concerns and not only that, our emergency room has saved a countless number of people."

Son says it's a way to weed out the old sick useless people. Guess I'm one. Even when i tell the doc im on a very limited income and meed to stay local...dont matter. Many years ago i did fostercare the Medicaid card reimbursement for mileage was a huge help paid more them the gas itself. But seems medicaid stopped milage. Dont think Medicare ever did mileage of rides. Dont think they did when mom was alive anyway.

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
"Even when I tell the doc i'm on a very limited income, and need to stay local....don't matter".

Contact your insurance company and find out who/what's local. If your Doc tells you to go to xyz and it's not on your "local" insurance list, find out who is from your insurance company, then call your Doc's nurse - she can handle it from there and you'll get a correct referral. If you have a PPO, you can make the appointment yourself then call your doc's nurse and ask for a referral because....

I'm finding I have to take control as doc's are too busy these days.

Reactions: Alice In TX/MO

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I feel I'm lucky because I have been using a concierge doctor those days instead of a regular doctor. He answers my emails, texts, and phone calls personally 99% of the time. His doctor company has a pharmacy on site so I get affordable meds sent to me via snail mail. He's not too expensive. Since I require a few more meds than my wife (we use the same practice) my doctor bill is approximately $100 a month while my wife's around $55 a month. Yes, she still pays for health insurance monthly because our doctor does not accept health insurance. He said to keep our health insurance for outside referrals such as cancer doctor or ambulance rides.......

41 - 43 of 43 Posts