Do you wear a cologne regularly?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Ardie/WI, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I love colognes and nice smelling stuff and I thought it might be fun to exchange ideas on nice smelling colognes. We might get some ideas for gifts for Christmas too.

I wear two scents and have for years-Chantilly and Woman. I wear them when I leave the house. During the day, especially when Roger is home, I spritze on some scent from Body and Bath. Oh. and I use that stuff after my shower at night. Their scents are awesome.

Hey you men can tell us what you like to use too. I love a nice smelling guy.

2. RLStewart

RLStewart Well-Known Member

Sorry but the only scent I wear on a regular basis is "Essence of Barn"! I actually have a few bottles of stuff but don't wear it often enough to remember what its called!

3. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

I wear Nicole by Nicole Miller and Quelques Fleurs and I love when my husband wears Gendarme. It smells nice and clean.

4. motivated

motivated Well-Known Member

I like Light Blue.
    Hubby wears Equipage mmm :)

5. Terre d'Esprit

Terre d'Esprit Boer-ing Mom

I wear a hippy smelling perfume called "Karma" from Lush (www.lush.com). I can't get enough of the patchouli and orange scent. I get a lot of compliments on it, as it is very unusual.

My husband wears Giorgio Armani, which is extremely scrumptious. : )

T

6. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have three different ones that are my favorites. Fire & Ice, Vanilla Fields & Far & Away. My hubby smells really good when he wears Joop.

7. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

A couple of really hard to find parfums, Ombre Rose and Joy. I also like Perry Ellis 360 for a more sophisticated fragrance. Also cheap old Muguet by Coty for the single floral of lily of the valley. Very nice.

8. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Nope. My husband went through a severe reaction to scents after he quit smoking. Luckily it got better but it's not gone.

9. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I don't. If I have a personal aroma, it's either my deodorant, my hair conditioner, or I need another shower. :)

When I do wear cologne...let me think...I have some Lady Stetson and Red Door I wear sometimes. Nothing fancy, that's for sure. My SIL works in a fancy department store and she used to give me cologne for Christmas but I guess she figured out I'm not that into it. Just as well -- it's such a personal choice.

DH says he doesn't like it very much. Other guys have complimented me if I put on something smelly, but not my DH. He doesn't wear any either, which is fine with me. My favorite scent on a guy is the recent use of soap. ;)

10. pasotami

pasotami Hangin out at the barn!

Deodorant - maybe Shower-to-Shower powder other than that it is the pure raw smell of "ME"..... the smelly stuff gives my head a real run for it's money - migraines. Going shopping at Christmas is a challenge. I have to wave at DH if he puts on something for an outing or business thing. The girls would carry their smells in their purse and liven' up when they got to school. Poor son, tried to put on Axe outside the car and throw the can back in but that did not work, before I got home the head was busting..... not sure what it does but it sure is a killer. I also have a nose of a blood hound, almost nothing gets by it from across the room.
    This thread will be great to read - I might be able to pick one for my DS and mail order it to her!

11. Country Lady

Country Lady Well-Known Member Supporter

I had always worn perfume or cologne of some type until my husband developed asthma. Before, it never occured to me, what my fragrance might be doing to someone near that might have breathing problems. If he's riding in a car with someone wearing strong perfume, it really effects him badly. Now, I usually don't wear any, but when I did, I loved Red Door. Also, to visit someone's home that has burning candles. That's bad on him too.

12. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I read an article years ago about a scientific study (I think) finding that the most seductive feminine scent -- the one that got the most "aroused" responses from men -- was CINNAMON ROLLS. Go figure.

13. SassyLass

SassyLass Member

Most of the time,especially when I leave the house, but very lightly sprayed on. Jovan musk, Chanel #5 or emeraude by coty.. all weird ones I know but they suit me...

14. mrglock27

mrglock27 Well-Known Member

cool water, drakar, polo.

15. naturewoman

naturewoman Well-Known Member

I don't wear strong scents now either, too sensitive...but I got a sample of a cologne from Perle once with an order of honey cream bath, and it was so beautiful, I wanted to buy it. It was called Melon flower. To this day, I still want to buy it, but don't know if I could wear it now. I need to find out if I can get another sample first. They only sell it in the store now, which I believe is back in New York, so I'd have to do it through mail order directly from the store...the web site does not offer it.

What I do wear now, is a light sweet sesame body oil by Neutragena. I get so many complements on it. It's a very light sent, but so wonderful and sensual.

Oh, the Perle honey cream bath is fabulous. It is available in many different bigger stores, especially around the holidays. If you see it anywhere, open it and smell it.

I'd actually be more interested in hearing what men like women to wear. ;)

16. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

If I wear any it is Charley. I have worn that for years. I don't wear it often though as I know to many people that have trouble with scents.

The funny thing is that the fragrence I have gotten the most compliments on is finesse shampoo! Whenever I use that shanpoo I will have people stop and ask what perfume I am wearing as they like it so well. I can't even smell it!

17. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

I wear just the teeny tiniest bit of jasmine essential oil. If anybody, other than my husband, got close enough to smell it, I'd have to smack them, lol!

18. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

:goodjob: LOL Edayna I think the cinnamon roll, or cookies baking works best.

I don't wear cologne either, I find more and more people are bothered by smells, so I try to respect them. I will wear Avon's peach body spray every now and then when I am going out. Only because it was given to me.

19. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been wearing a lot of inexpensive lavender toilet water. It's a great way to cool down when you're hot - aspritz of spray- but you have to pick a light, not a cloying smell.
    When I was a teen I ;oved orange blossom cologne.
    Oh, and Bluegrass by (I think) Elizabeth Arden, is my "dress up scent".

20. blufford

blufford Well-Known Member Supporter

I like Maximum Strength Flexall Plus. My shoulders stop hurting and I smell real nice. I wonder why I can't keep a girlfriend and the dog keeps running away?