Do you think this could work?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Goal: To Put Together a Team (Organization) to build successes together.

Obstacle: Finding Like-Minded people to work with.

Here is an outline of an organization that I would like to put together. If you have the skills to fill one of the positions and would be interested in discussing it. Please e-mail me at healthwizard@surfbest.net

ORGANIZATION

SPOKESPERSON / NEGOTIATOR:
    The front man/woman that has the responsibility of meeting and greeting all potential clients. Must be suited for press conferences and media public relations gigs. Public speaking and making the pitch to potential buyers, capitalist and getting free P/R are among a few of the duties of our spokesperson. As a negotiator will negotiate for best price on everything.

MARKETING: Catalog Representative:
    Responsible for collecting data and getting products placed in catalogs for sale, also responsible for keeping accurate results from each sales source and knowing which magazine or catalog worked best for each product.

MARKETING: Direct Mail:
    Responsible for designing and creating effective Direct Mail pieces for each product. Proven track record a plus.

MARKETING: Electronic Media Representative:
    Responsible for creating and implementing all televised advertising including infomercials, .30 second and .60 second spots. Included will be web pages and online World Wide Web selling vehicles.

CAPITAL PROCUREMENT:
    Responsible for presenting Business Plan and raising funds for start-up, equipment purchase, day-to-day operations and advertising/marketing.

BUSINESS PLAN WRITER:
    Responsible for gathering data from all other team members and assembling a Business Plan that includes all facets of proposed business venture.

RESEARCHERS:
    Can be all Team Members each gathering data on their specialty and getting it to the Business Plan Writer and/or any member that need the information.

What do I have to offer?

Well let me introduce my wife and I.

My background includes business plan writing, inventing, contract writing, product development, research, graphics, advertising, book-keeping, management, buyer, retailer, wholesaler, avid book reader, creative problem solver, loving husband and patient dad.

My wife's background includes management, assembly, research, creative arts and computers. She can upload data from cameras, scanners or off the net. She has experience in handling employees, customer complaints, sales and has successfully completed the Cleveland Community College Grant Writers program.

Once we have a working team set up I would be willing to assign over to the new Company my product “Good Health™” Microwave Cookware. Along with the tool steel and inventory. (For stock consideration) Giving the new company immediate “hard” assets.

Just from mentioning this we have a prospective client that is a renowned Author, Artist and Songwriter he has stated that he has an interest in someone handling his line of works.

We’ll need a competent Lawyer and CPA as we go along. All the normal corporate positions will be filled by team members.

So tell me what you think.

Kenneth

2. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

more than this little mind can digest. I dont evenknow what those skills would be used for

3. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Are you hunting for employees or investors??

4. Kenneth in NC

Actually looking for partners/team members that have the above skills. A team of 6-8 people could do a lot. where one person is limited a team often can get it done.

Just a thought.

Kenneth

5. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

you could make a mint collecting scrap metal in Iraq...

no suits, fresh air and the opertunity to see the world and meet friendly new people every day.

hey I tried, that line of BS works for army recriuters... lol

so whats "special" about your cookware?

6. Kenneth in NC

It works :D :sing: :D

Kenneth

7. Silvercreek Farmer

Silvercreek Farmer Living the dream. Supporter

8. Kenneth in NC

Matthew I'm in Kings Mountain. Looking forward to meeting you after Christmas. Let me know your schedule.

Kenneth

9. Buffy in Dallas

Buffy in Dallas Well-Known Member Supporter

Is it to be a sole proprietorship or are you going to incorporate? Your first meeting needs to be with a lawyer that specializes in business law!

10. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Buffy: or at least an accountant (CPA). I went that route first. Businesses need to be set up for the best tax advantage... :)

11. Kenneth in NC

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

All right it's time to kick off a new year. Wolf Mom and Buffy you gals know that I don't like lawyers. I'll use them if and when it's in my best interest but not in start-up preps.

In the past I've started corporations and presided over them. I've also had experience in many aspects of business.

This go-around I'm trying something different. There is a better way to get things done. Through trial and error I've learned a few things and I know my fellow team members will have solid experience as well.

I'm excited about what this new year can bring.

let's get started.

Kenneth in NC