Do you think asparagus would work if planted in a kiddie pool?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Quiver0f10, May 2, 2004.

1. Quiver0f10

Quiver0f10 Well-Known Member

I have been working on my garden area but was thinking of doing the asparagus in a plastic kiddie pool, would this work OK? I am so new to this, I appreciate ANY help or advice! :)

2. Bob in WI

Bob in WI Well-Known Member

It probably would not work very well since asparagus has a very extensive root system. It needs about 2 feet of soil for a mature plant. Most kiddie pools are not that deep.

Why do you not wish to plant the asparagus in the ground?

3. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

I second what Bob said. Wont work. Maybe a garbage can might work if you need a container that can be moved.

Kathy

4. Quiver0f10

Thank you both! I was thinking along the lines of something that can be moved if needed. I will just plant in my garden plot.

Thanks again!

5. Bob in WI

Bob in WI Well-Known Member

If you do move in the future have a stipulation in your sales contract that would allow you to take part of each plant with you. That way you will get some and the new owner will also.

6. Quiver0f10

Excellent idea! We will definitely do this. I am wanting to plant and get established but hubby already hinted we might move in 2 years (sigh)

7. creymc

creymc Active Member

When we bought our house it said right in the MLS sheet what plants they would be taking. As long as you disclose it first you can take anything but once they see it and its not stated that youll be taking it, it has to stay