Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jusy wondering. My son has been up since 2am w/a bellyache. He has a bad cold that started yesterday--so I though it was in relation to that. My concern was that he also has fairly bad tenderness when I gently press his belly in the upper right quadrant.
We've had more then our fair share of upper respitory illness, but I'm more unfamiliar w/ general symptoms of the basic stomach ache. That's why it concerned me.

Is tenderness normal?

We were just at the doctor yesterday for his sore throat, and she pressed all over his belly, and he didn't say anything :shrug: She was checking for enlarged liver or spleen due to mono. Didn't find anything :)

I just got him back to sleep.....

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
If it's still there in daylight best get him rechecked or at a minimum call your doctor. In fact your doctor should have a call service- if not her a colleague covering for her- for you to caLL and ask at 3 am if you need to. I've seen/heard of belly tenderness in strep throat (which I gather he doesn't have) in smaller children but something in even larger children is pneumonia ( a severe lung infection) causing belly pain. As well as the more dangerous belly problems like appendicitis which could choose when he has a cold to occur just as well as waiting until in between colds.

Age?

·
Banned
3,368 Posts
I agree with Jenn. I would like to add that last winter when I had a bad cold my stomach got very tender. I assume it was just sore muscles from all the coughing, but in a child I would definately have it checked by a doctor.

Michelle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.