Do you make garden row markers?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by sisterpine, Oct 13, 2004.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Greetings from Montana! I am looking for some vegetable garden row markers of the very cute and durable kind. Like a picture of a pea with the word pea? I want these for my best friend for christmas and do not have time right now to make them myself. Thought if someone here made them I could buy them and it would be a win win situation! Have looked on line and have not found what I want, they need to be cute! not just metal etc. thanks, sisterpine, ( also posting this on garden blog!

2. johnghagen

johnghagen Well-Known Member

:) What vegetables are you looking for i made some in the past out of wood with copper stakes and painted them.I will send you a sample or a drawing but feel you would not be disapointed with these John Hagen jhagen12@sbcglobal.net

3. sisterpine

John just sent you an email with the details of plants i need markers for. My friend has been complaining for years about not having decent/neat markers for her green house garden! So this would make a great Christmas present! Kathleen

4. CMATE

CMATE Well-Known Member

Here is a good tip re the subject...though I know you don't want to make any, but others reading this may.
    Find suitably shaped rocks/stones & paint the surface, then using a durable marker (one that won't wash off), or some artsy writing with a brush, write the info of the rows right on the stones. They look great, really natural & won't stand out in that "white, plasticky" way.
    When you're done with them, you can just turn them upside down for use in borders etc or just throw another coat of paint & start over next season. :)

5. sisterpine

cmate: also a very cool idea! i may do that come spring for my own rows!
    that is if i live through midterms!

6. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

I use oil paint markers on rocks, wood etc. It's paint in a marker....lasts a long time. They're called "uni Paint" made for Sanford Corp by Mitsubishi Pencil Co.