Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Pandora.com) I've grown fond of Lorie Line and Libera for background music.
What are your choices?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I often have Pandora playing while I'm using my computer. I listen to a wide variety of music exploring many of the genres.

·
Registered
31,370 Posts
I love Pandora. I have many channels ranging from Robert Tree Cody to Mahalia Jackson to Kings of Leon. Most often set it to shuffle.

I like Tune In Radio too. That is how I listen to Car Talk and other programs I like.

Reactions: elkhound

·
Registered
410 Posts
Waylon Jennings
Hank3
John Conlee
Big Smo
Linkin Park
Staind
Frank Sinatra
Last but not least Robert Johnson
I'm kinda all over the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We hook our smart phone up to external speakers and listen to Pandora in the barn.... all day while we are working. Changing stations occasionally from country to bluegrass.
Our goats seem to like the music... the little ones jump all around... they all could go outside, but they hang out with us while we clean the barn and do repairs.... Always something to do in a barn, might as well have music to keep you going!

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Sure do.. Been listening and using for years.. I have a paid subscription..

I'm sure my choices are different than most here..

Sunntan
Wooden Shjips
Insane Clown Posse
Peas Radio
Jack White
Goldfrapp
Trance Radio
Disturbed
Tech N9ne
Bahaus
XTC
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Tool
Bad Brains
DJ Shadow
DJ Baby Anne
Lords of Acid

I can't remember them all.... but I had the limit of 100 stations and listen to it on shuffle mostly..

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
If you like Pandora you should give Songza a whirl.

http://songza.com
Hhmmm.. Interesting site.. thanks for sharing it.. I'm gonna have to check it out, especially since one of the very first songs I heard was by Fugazi... They were friends with a good friend of mine back in DC.. bunch of really cool guys..

Reactions: elkhound

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Yeah Songza pulls some deep cuts from some neat bands. I connected to it last night after I posted ... Went straight to 80's hair metal (a personal favorite ;)) and heard a couple of neat versions of Motley Crue and a couple others I hadn't heard before.

·
hillbilly in training
255 Posts
I love Pandora. I have many channels ranging from Robert Tree Cody to Mahalia Jackson to Kings of Leon. Most often set it to shuffle.

I like Tune In Radio too. That is how I listen to Car Talk and other programs I like.
Stitcher is how I usually keep up with Tom and Ray, and Wait Wait.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Listening right now to Ralph Stanley Radio. My other "stations" are Van Morrison, James Taylor, Grateful Dead, Ray Charles, Otis Redding and Jay Ungar and Molly Mason.

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do I listen to Pandora? NO!!!!! and as an IT Professional I hate it when people at my company listen to it, it uses network bandwidth.
LOL! Don't have strong feelings about it, do you? Compared to video, the bandwidth usage seems to be much less.

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
yes, we love it. 5 people in the house. and everyone has their channels from Il Divo to Darius Rucker, to Harry Potter Soundtrack. love it so much we pay extra to not have the commercials.

·
Dallas
13,853 Posts
LOL! Don't have strong feelings about it, do you? Compared to video, the bandwidth usage seems to be much less.
Compared to video it is less. We invariably get some idiot calling saying their computer sucks, but they have: Pandora, an I.M. program, You tube Videos, a shopping/coupon program, and 2 or 3 toolbars open -- none of which has anything to do with their work and they're trying to pull a 100 mb spreadsheet from a different office (usually out of state) and they complain about how slow "my" computers are. Unfortunately the big shots won't let us block anything except Facebook.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts