Do you like GREAT Non GMO Farm Fresh Popcorn?

Discussion in 'Vendor Display' started by Rob, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Moderators: I hope it is okay to post this here, but if not, kindly accept my apologies and remove it.

In the meantime, my son went to Juniata College in PA. While there, he met a fellow classmate named Nate Freitag, and a young lady named Stacey. Little did anybody know that Nate and Stacey would become husband and wife. In 2015, they started a great Popcorn Company called Free Day Popcorn Company .. you can read their story here: https://freedaypopcorn.com/pages/our-story

So, if you like Great Non-GMO .. Farm Fresh Popcorn, give Nate and Stacey a try.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Last I heard there were no "GMO" varieties of popcorn for sale on the commercial market, so it's always been "non-GMO", just like Oats.

haypoint likes this.

3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Interesting ... Thanks for the clarification... I will have to ask Nate about that and see what info he has come up with.

4. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

5. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

That's what I thought:

https://freedaypopcorn.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

6. krackin

krackin Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet the farm on that. I'm thinking that popcorn can cross pollinate with some GMO supersweets and not revert. I could be wrong on that, doubt it, but I'm doing mental recall back 10-15 years. I'm not growing either and have no interest in researching back. Do your own DD.

7. haypoint

haypoint Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate Supporter

Ah, the old "GMO pollen is contaminating everything" story. While field corn is over 85% GMO, sweet corn hasn't caught on as fast. When you understand that both the popcorn and the sweet corn would need to be both planted near each other, plus develop pollen and silk at the same time. To jump in with an admittedly questionable claim, obviously to poke GMO, isn't helpful to any truth seekers.

8. krackin

krackin Well-Known Member

LOL. Kind of stretching out what I stated a tad there ain't ya? Typical.

I never said GMO is contaminating anything. I mention cross pollination with no opinion of whether that is good or bad. You have not a clue as to my opinion of GMO. Cross pollination between corn hybrids is well known and is not restricted to just GMO. Maize is a hybrid. You should first find out what that is and how hybrids are derived before you bloviate your infinite knowledge of little.

Just kidding, bloviate away, it is entertaining.