Do you know where your seeds come from?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Zebraman, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Zebraman

Zebraman Well-Known Member

Hey Guys;This is from last year,and you do have to scroll down past the Deer article.http://www.countrysidemag.com/issues/2_2006.htm

Any of you that think Monsanto is spending Hundreds of Billion Dollars to buy out ALL competition so that they can drop hybrids and only offer O.P. seeds are completely clueless!-

2. susieM

susieM Well-Known Member

Anybody ever read the old science-fiction story about the day the grass died?

3. HomesteadBaker

HomesteadBaker Working toward the dream

I do know where my seeds come from.... I order from www.fedcoseeds.com because they not only tell you who grows the seed, but how it is grown as well. I have dealt with them for 15 years, and never had a problem with the company or their seed! They started out as a small cooperative, and have steadily grown and offered more varieties each year, MANY are heirlooms and open-pollinated.

And a Monsanto side note: Fedco dropped one of its major seed suppliers (Semini's ) because Monsanto bought them out!

Kitty

4. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know where my seeds come from... most of them, anyway. They come from me or SSE. I may pick up a pack of hybrids here and there, but that's about all. I've been a member of SSE since 1994.