Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess that is what I'd call it. it ends today...*sniff*...our magnificent week of Indian summer. glorious temps of 70, brilliant sunshine. suddenly I went into manic cleaning mode. kind of like spring cleaning, but my brain knew all too well it was that last big..huge..burst of cleaning prior to winter. 'nesting'. you know...where you do the total scrubbing, tossing, organizing, way beyond the daily cleaning stuff. hub was home Mon. & Tues., and he also got all pre-winter things in order. so....it won't be 70 again (most likely anyway) until May.....but the nest is ready. :)

do you do something similar, or was I just having a hormonal burst of energy? LOL

all snuggly items washed...clothes, throws, blankets, flannel & micro fleece sheets washed/ready, even my winter coat.

hot chocolate will now rule I guess....while I mourn the loss of warm weather and just being able to step outside in my t-shirt. (seems to take me 10 mins. to put on all the gear of winter!) *big...big sigh*

but..there is still today to enjoy! :)

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
today it overcast and cool here but i am holding on to t-shirt weather til we hit about 40,, even then once i get use to it i can wear a t shirt out side,, Cleaning is a big thing this week, trying to dig out the kids winter stuff and make sure it still fits and if not wash and give away. Putting things away i know i wont use again,, cuz ya know one of these morning its going to be white outside. Yup getting my mountain nest ready for whats coming

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
Since we did just move, I don't have anything to sort, clean, toss, or scrub....

Winter clothes are already in the dressers, coats are hung in the closet.... The garage does need organized but that's not my "area"....

But still LOVING the 70's & sunshine here in central PA.....

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
LOL.. I call it "fluffing my nest"! It only seems to hit me when there is a storm coming (hurricane, ice, snow), or when I start getting ready for the holidays! Our cold weather really doesn't hit until Jan/Feb. but I want it all done for the holidays and then it still looks and feels good in Jan/Feb. I wash quilts, fluff pillows, change out summer clothes and place the warmer ones close at hand. Clean off the deck/carports, blow/rake leaves.. I make lists of things we need to purchase/replace/repair. I stack wood closer to the house, trim dead limbs or those that are out of place.. And yes, it feels like I am on "turbo-charge"! Monday, I will start steam cleaning the upholstery....and it only gets more hectic as we close in on Thanksgiving....:shrug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely. I nest each fall. As soon as I see the leaves starting to turn, the squirrel in me rears her head and I can't stop until the snow flies. I'm busy making window quilts now. Our old farm house has all its original windows... pretty but not great at keeping out the cold. So I thought I'd try something my mom used to do- hanging thick quilts over the windows like curtains. That and plastic over them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts