Do you have someone in service?

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by moopups, Mar 27, 2004.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Please inform them of this site and the seperate site: http://groups.msn.com/homesteadvets The msn site has a place called TAD where those in service can write their words and give us a real bit of insite about what they are experiencing in conflict areas. There is also a chat portion where you and they can use free to communicate in real time. There are 20 boards covering various subjects available for everybodys use. Don't let them feel as if they are alone; that can cause major issues to exist while they are in stress.

2. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

my son in law went into the air force a year ago last Oct. So far he has stayed put not being deployed. there are always lots of rumors of deployment but most havent developed into anything. He is an engineer and expects to be sent to Iraq for the rebuilding phase.

3. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

My nephew is coming home from Iraq....praise God!

4. beowoulf90

beowoulf90 Well-Known Member Supporter

We have a member of our Civil War re-enacting unit married to a soldier in Iraq. He is suppose to be coming home in about a month or so. I know she is on pins and needles waiting for him to come home...Most of us in the unit have been in the military or the spouse of a military member.

Airborne, All the way, Sir

5. lauralee

lauralee Member

My son-in-law just went to Iraq in January, supposed to be there for a year. He is stationed in Saddam's hometown, his sergeant already has been wounded. Gonna be a long year.

6. Kung

Kung Administrator Staff Member Supporter

I am someone in service. :haha: Does that count?

7. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

my brothers step son is in iraq , he called the other day said they are experinceing attacks about 40% of the time and he says theres a lot of action he's seeing. he is driving truck ,(what else ,it runs in the family)and he's there till next april.

8. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

Both my sons are Army.. age 21 and 19... and we are so proud of them!

9. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

My brother in law and my nephew are still there.

10. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member Supporter

Our son Richard- PFC, 3rd BN, 8th Marines left for Haiti Saturday. That is we ASSUME he left. In true military tradition, they would not give the men a real date until they warmed up the jet engines :rolleyes: He called us twice Friday, and not at all after that.

Rick is a rifle expert. He expects to be there for 5 months. Originally the plan was for a shorter stay in Haiti, with the primary stint in Iraq. Last word was they wouldn't go to Iraq after all. We shall see. He'd give anything to be closing in on Fallujah right now. If he were, he'd probably be firing a mortar.

God Bless them all.

11. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

My son Andrew is in the National Guard...just finished his basic training and is now in demolition training. Rumor is his unit is going to Iraq this summer. We are proud of him; he has always wanted to be in the service and we can really notice the change in him just over the last few weeks....made it thru while battling pneumonia,on antibiotics,coughing himself to sleep but he stuck it out...told us alot of guys didn't make it. DEE

12. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

My nephew is on American soil...........

Pray for all the soldiers still there.

13. RachL

RachL Member

My husband is SF. He's pretty busy right now :(

**RachL**

Before I lay me down to sleep...And fall into a slumber deep...Hear this little prayer of mine...Hope it gets to you in time...Bless those on land and sea and air...Who fight for freedom here and there...Send special blessings from above...Protect them with your shield of love...Return them safely, we humbly pray...To the Land of the Free...And the Home of the Brave.

14. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member Supporter

Connie's little brother is deployed with the Rangers - same unit I was in. It's his second combat deployment in six months. Keepin' those boys busy!

15. Terry - NW Ohio

Terry - NW Ohio Well-Known Member

Our 22 year old is coming home from Kuwait sometime next month. He was transferred to a National Guard unit that was activated 14 months ago and sent overseas 12 months ago. We will be SO HAPPY to have him home again!! :D .

16. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Yeah! My nephew is back from Iraq!! He's in Ft Bragg.
    BIL is still there, but hopes to be back in the states next month!

17. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

My younger son is a Navy pilot in training. He gets his wings on May 14. Don't know yet where he is going after that.

Hubby was a Navy kiddy cruiser during the Vietnam War era. My dad was a Navy Seabee on Iwo Jima. My grandfather on mom's side was in WWI. My grandfather on dad's side was a teenage Confederate soldier in the Civil War. Yes, you read that right. :eek:

18. Jay1

Jay1 Active Member

Grandson is in 1st Cavalry Division...Iraq.

19. mommabear

mommabear Member

My son and daughter-in-law have a high school friend in Iraq. I feel bad for him as he has been over there over a year and his enlistment is up and he is not allowed to come home.
    Has anyone seen www.soldiersangels.org
    I was assigned a soldier and am getting ready to send my first care package this week-end.
    Check out the site if you have a chance.

20. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Thank you for the link, I am going to post it in its own thread, moopups.