Do you have one of these?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alleyyooper, Oct 10, 2017.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Looking for a wheel cap for our Buick. It is 2 1/8 inch so I would take any thing with good retainer clips. Ford, GM (other models) Chrylser I can make work too.

[​IMG]

Normally the only time these caps are removed is when balanceing tires and wheels on a bubble machine.
    But I got lazy when painting rhe wheels and poped them off rather than masking them.

[​IMG]

One clip broke on one when I was putting them back together so it will not stay in place.

So if you can help with even just a retainer I will be happy to pay a fee and shipping.

:D Al

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

If you don't need to take them off I'd epoxy it in place, or attach some sort of clip that would replace the broken retainer.

3. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

I'll ask around my neck of the woods.

4. Jolly

Jolly Well-Known Member

The small badges in the middle are cheap. The whole cap is available new, and is not.

I'd do some junkyard lookin'...

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

It ones on e Bay for thre GS, regal, century are all 1.725 dia I need 2 1/8 size.

Second link is centers for wire wheel hub caps not ralley wheels.

Funny I have searched with several different terms for center caps for ralley wheels on the internet. Have not found any for my LaSabre NEW or used. I have been to every salvage yard on Dort Hy way in the 7 miles of salvage yards there. Some are so bad you need to make sure your tenis shots are up to date. I have emptyed a hole bunch of 55 gallon barrels of center caps mostly mustangs and cameos and small Regals ones and a huge amount of the new 4 and 5 inch plastic caps.

I do have a lady in Boise Idaho looking for me at some hub caps shops there. I was told if she couldn't find one there were not any in the USA.

:D AL