Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
What can I say? I'm a LIBRA, fer cryin' out loud!

We can't make up our minds about ANYTHING! :D
I just think that if a bisexual woman expects to have a girlfriend, she should expect to share...................... :D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A lot of women hate men. What's your point? A lot of men hate women. In fact if you go by statistics men brutalize women and always have. Rfeason enough for some women to hate men.

Lately men have really begun to whine about how women hate men. This has more to to with the actual man doing the whining than with women who are independent and selective. Women no longer have to tolerate the things that kept them down - dependent and controlled. Education, birth control and just taking charge of our lives and not accepting limitations placed on us has changed the world and the dynamics between the sexes. This is very difficult for some men to adjust to. Strong, confident men have no problem dealing with an equal.
Did I miss something?
How did a light hearted post turn into a Militant Lesbian Zombie Equality rant? I went back and scanned it 3 times. I still don't have a clue:huh::shrug:

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Ahhhh, a feminist. This explains sooooo much about you. In your world it only goes one way. Only men do women wrong, never the other way around.

I bet the equality talk comes to a screeching halt when the situation is reversed.
Yes I am a feminist - fought long and hard for equality and will never appologize for that or stop. Our daughters are benefiting now from our fight. Many decent and honourable men fought just as hard alongside of us.

In my world men are abused physically, emotionally and financially by women just as women are abused physically, emotionally and financially by men. Sadly the statistics still show that men do women wrong far more often than the reverse situation.

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Yes I am a feminist - fought long and hard for equality and will never appologize for that or stop. Our daughters are benefiting now from our fight. Many decent and honourable men fought just as hard alongside of us.

In my world men are abused physically, emotionally and financially by women just as women are abused physically, emotionally and financially by men. Sadly the statistics still show that men do women wrong far more often than the reverse situation.
There are no agencies, bureaus, or governmental bodies keeping track of men being raked over the coals by women.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
There are lots of statistics and basic information available - for any state you can find out about domestic violence against men and custodial decisions. There are even abuse help lines for men as well as legal aid exclusively for men.

If the stats are scued with reference to physical abuse it is because men who are abused need to man up and come forward. Men are now going through the same experience that women went through. Afraid and ashamed to admit what is happening. Will they be ignored? Probably a lot of the time - just as it was and is for women. But it is their duty to come forward because if there are children in the home then the children are being abused as well - just by witnessing the abuse of the man by the woman.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
hey since gays are getting the right to marry(wellin canada they have the right nationwide...what about bisexuals? should they be able to marry one of each??? Shouldnt they be entitled to have a spouse of each sex??hmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
No, I don't hate Heterosexuals........I've been one, all my life. And so have each of my DWives, except one. She was Bisexual. It made life interesting sometimes. Fun too on occasion.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
I have never understood why some women insist upon fighting long and hard to win the right to take a giant step backwards?
LOL! Very Funny!

I love men (won the lottery when I met my husband of 35 years) and certainly don't consider reaching levels of equality with them as being a step backwards. Rather an up lifting. Simple things like the right to vote, to attend school, to be considered a person under the law, to not be sold as property, to own property, equal pay for equal work and to have dominion over our own bodies and a right to our own children are often taken for granted by men because they have always had them. Today a father can look at his daughter and know that she will have rights, independence and freedom. Sadly more than half the women on the planet still don't have any rights or freedoms.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
hey since gays are getting the right to marry(wellin canada they have the right nationwide...what about bisexuals? should they be able to marry one of each??? Shouldnt they be entitled to have a spouse of each sex??hmmmmmmmmmmm
An interesting question. I think it would fall under polygamy laws. Of course you don't have to be married to both if you have a common agreement.

·
Super Moderator
40,780 Posts
LOL! Very Funny!

I love men (won the lottery when I met my husband of 35 years) and certainly don't consider reaching levels of equality with them as being a step backwards. Rather an up lifting. Simple things like the right to vote, to attend school, to be considered a person under the law, to not be sold as property, to own property, equal pay for equal work and to have dominion over our own bodies and a right to our own children are often taken for granted by men because they have always had them. Today a father can look at his daughter and know that she will have rights, independence and freedom. Sadly more than half the women on the planet still don't have any rights or freedoms.
Ok, just how old are you!?!? I was born in 1951 and by the fall of 1957 I happen to know that girls were not only allowed to go to school... they were required to go... just like I was. Women have had the right to vote in the United States since the adoption of the Constitution as the supreme law of the land in 1778, which was more clearly defined by the 14th amendments ratification in 1868 and again reaffirmed by the 19th amendments ratification in 1920. Women have been considered a "person" under the law since the adoption of the Constitution in 1778, that status was reaffirmed in 1868 with the ratification of the 14th amendment. Women have had the right to own property in the US since before there was a US! They have had the right to not be owned as property since the ratification of the 13th amendment in 1865. Women have had the right of dominion over their own bodies literally for centuries prior to formation of the US... I dont recall the exact dates... but rape has been considered a heinous crime by nearly every culture in the world since the earliest civilized governments were formed. (headaches date back even earlier) My parents were divorced in 1954 because she took a few extra liberties with her body.... loaning it out to one of the neighbors... and my father managed to gain legal custody and raise us which was very rare in the US up until women decided to "fight for their rights" during the 70s. Equal pay for equal work??? I know lotsa women who make a lot more than men for the same work... and thats nothing new either. Perhaps some women need to hone their negotiation skills when it comes time to get that raise or promotion.

Now that we have established beyond a doubt that at least since 1920 (and actually much earlier than that) that women have been equal under the law to men... lets talk about their superior position prior to the womens movement. Most married women were not expected to work outside the home.... they could merely take care of light house keeping duties and end up with the home when the old man finally got it paid for and she threw him out. Her needs were provided for her... food, clothes, housing, and quite often a great many luxuries such as jewelry, horses, automobiles, and other "goodies" that she liked without EVER once punching a timeclock or going down in a mine. She was not only allowed to keep all the possessions a man had worked for.... she often forced him to keep providing her a good living after she threw him out of the house... its called alimony... shorter and a bit more polite than alley money which was closer to the truth in many cases. In the vast majority of cases she was allowed to keep and raise the offspring too, and was paid quite handsomely for the privilege.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
Now that we have established beyond a doubt that at least since 1920 (and actually much earlier than that) that women have been equal under the law to men... lets talk about their superior position prior to the womens movement. Most married women were not expected to work outside the home.... they could merely take care of light house keeping duties and end up with the home when the old man finally got it paid for and she threw him out. Her needs were provided for her... food, clothes, housing, and quite often a great many luxuries such as jewelry, horses, automobiles, and other "goodies" that she liked without EVER once punching a timeclock or going down in a mine. She was not only allowed to keep all the possessions a man had worked for.... she often forced him to keep providing her a good living after she threw him out of the house... its called alimony... shorter and a bit more polite than alley money which was closer to the truth in many cases. In the vast majority of cases she was allowed to keep and raise the offspring too, and was paid quite handsomely for the privilege.
I guess your family must run in much richer circles or you have never done housework. Taking care of a family and keeping house is hardly "light housework" and while I don't know statistics I highly doubt women were being showered with luxuries. And as many women that frequent this forum can tell you they raised "the offspring" without any help from the dead beat that abandoned the family.

·
Super Moderator
40,780 Posts
I guess your family must run in much richer circles or you have never done housework. Taking care of a family and keeping house is hardly "light housework" and while I don't know statistics I highly doubt women were being showered with luxuries. And as many women that frequent this forum can tell you they raised "the offspring" without any help from the dead beat that abandoned the family.
Actually I do nearly all of the housework since I became disabled several years ago. easy peasy compared to most of the "work" I have done over the years. And noooooo we are not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination! LOL As to the women in the forum who raised kids without help of the fathers... that is not the fault of the laws in this country. They have the right to child support in every state I ever heard of... but sadly some do not pursue the matter thus leaving their children a bit short.

Oh.. nearly forgot... I think Evona or whatever her name is did very well in the luxury dept... but then she married a man who had the means to provide them. ;)

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Yvonnes Hubby - wow you are a bitter man. Bad experiences or bad upbrining? Poor Yvonne.

I did not say that all the battles for equality were fought during my life time. They were fought over generations and decades. Hard work.

Apparently you have never done housework or raised children because under no stretch of the imagination can these duties not be called work - and heavy work - 24/7/365.

I guess women were given the multi-tasking XX chromosomes to be able to handle everything - a job, home, children and if unlucky, a whining man.

·
Super Moderator
40,780 Posts
Yvonnes Hubby - wow you are a bitter man. Bad experiences or bad upbrining? Poor Yvonne.

I did not say that all the battles for equality were fought during my life time. They were fought over generations and decades. Hard work.

Apparently you have never done housework or raised children because under no stretch of the imagination can these duties not be called work - and heavy work - 24/7/365.

I guess women were given the multi-tasking XX chromosomes to be able to handle everything - a job, home, children and if unlucky, a whining man.
Naw... I am not bitter in the least.... I was merely pointing out to you that in our country women have been on equal footing with men (legally) basically since the country was formed. I then pointed out a couple of the very distinct advantages that women enjoyed up until a few of them wanted to down trade their superior position to become mere equals. :)

If you have followed my posts for very long you would be aware that I just finished raising my second family... he is off in Florida seeking a bit more education at this time. I raised three others (two girls and a fine son) before Yvonne and I got married. I also raised a younger brother and sister while working three jobs before that. Yeah, I understand raising kids... and I understand what it takes to run a household. As I posted above, I have pretty much been reduced to that role now that I am no longer able to work outside the home. I figure the least I can do is take care of the housework and gardens. ;)

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Your history is incorrect. Women (legally) were not "on an equal footing with men basically since the country was formed." When the US Congress adopted amendments to the Constitution to end slavery and provide justice to former slaves the 14th Amendment was passed in 1868 and guaranteed all "persons" the right to "equal protection under the law." However, the second section of the amendment used the words "male citizens," in describing who would be counted in determining how many representatives each state gets in Congress. This was the first time the Constitution said point blank that women were excluded. Similarly, the 15th Amendment in 1870 extended voting rights to all men -- but not to any women. It took until 1920 and the 19th amendment for women to get the vote and even as late as 1961 the SUPREME court upheld Florida's law that prevented women from serving on a jury. Equality under the law? Naw.

Since you have experience with housework and raising children while working a job (multi-tasking) your contempt for women and dismissal of their enormous contribution to society is even more astounding.

I really don't get your "reduced to that role" and "the least I can do is take care of the housework and gardens" comments at all. Clearly you consider the work demeaning and that you are doing it as a favour - the least you can do? Odd again since if you are doing those duties properly then you know how much work it takes even without kids at home. I guess we are from different "stock". My entire family and my husband's believe that marriage is 100%, 100%. We all do it all. When you have kids it is the same deal. Each parent is 100% and 100% responsible. Never is it a question of "or"

·
Registered
217 Posts
nope, but I also don't like people airing their sexual perversions. Feel free to determine for yourself what is perverse. I know some people that think a husband and wife holding hands in public is perverse. I know people that think being naked even with yourself all alone is perverse. So to each their own.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts