Do You Get Mad At Your Dog For Getting The Sliding Glass Door All Slippy-sloppy?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by OldYellersGhost, Mar 30, 2005.

1. OldYellersGhost

OldYellersGhost Well-Known Member

If So, What do you do besides clean it off again?

2. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

we leave the dogs 'art' on the windows. How else can we tell if the door is open or not?? LOL Heck I think they kinda clean it because when my nephew has been here for awhile hes done marked it all up with his own 'art' LOL So I would have to say no I dont get mad

3. beaglady

beaglady Well-Known Member

No sliding glass door, but they have their own (old) sofa & always have noseprints on the window behind it. We use store brand windex to get rid of the mess.

4. Snuffy Smith

Snuffy Smith Well-Known Member

You should'nt get mad at them for somthing they can't help.

5. Topaz Farm

Topaz Farm Well-Known Member

I have six floor to ceiling windows and a glass door going out to the porch. And I don't do windows. :haha: Dog nose prints have been there for quite some time, no use wasting time cleaning them, when they will get nose prints again.

6. Chris in PA

Chris in PA Well-Known Member

I have a service dog that rides in the car everywhere with me - we just call it "nose art" and clean it when there is just too much to tolerate.

7. hatwoman22

hatwoman22 Well-Known Member

Our front door, whatever windows they can reach, and you can always tell when they've been in my car.
    We took a rode trip recently, and I cleaned my car before hand even the windows. Man what a mess by the time we got back! Since thats the first time in 2 yrs I've cleaned that car I doupt I will be seeing clean windows agian.

Yeah its aggravating, but we dont get mad at them, besides the snot hides the scratches from their feet!~ Dog art though, I like that LOL

8. coydog

coydog Well-Known Member

We had great danes in the past. Now we watch the neighbors dane and terrier. The mess wasnt just on the sliding door window. We just cleaned it up and enjoyed there company.

9. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

LOL, I've had Boxers for over 40 years and I think the bull breeds in general must be one of the snottiest spittiest dog there is, I gave up on my patio doors years ago, I think it's easier to leave it 'til it get's all thick and then use a putty knife and scrape it!!! :haha:

Carol K

10. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

The dogs aren't nearly as bad as the kids.

11. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

YEEEHAWWWW! A fellow boxer worshipper! We had a boxer, until last June when she passed away. She was great, tho. Any animal that came into the house was her baby (in other words, they all turned into a dried slobber mess), and when they stole her food, she'd just back away and look up like "Momm..... they're eating my dinner...". Never once snarled/growled/acted agressive in her 9 year life. Now, this pittbull, supposed boxer x is a different story (mom was too cheap to pay for another boxer).

Anyways, Nicky, the boxer, used to like to LICK glass. She didn't like car rides too much, and she'd lick the windows, complete with the tell-tale boxer snorting and congested breathing. She was a riot

12. minnikin1

minnikin1 Shepherd

We called them "mungs".
    Our champion munger was a cocker who is no longer with us.
    Once she passed away the other dogs started walking into the glass alot.

Mungs on the sliders was something we just lived with. Mungs on car windows....another story. DH can be fanatical about seeing out...
    All dogs learned to wear a seatbelt in the car-

13. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

I just clean it off when I have the spray bottle in hand. That's no big deal. The big deal is my American Bulldog can open the sliding door but he won't close it. He opens it whenever he wants to go into the patio then the flies come in and I have to spend the next hour squashing flies with a fly swatter and cleaning up their splatter.

14. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

our dogs are outside, so its not an issue
    and we dont have slding glass ,
    that said,
    when i did have one, i cleaned it when the whim approached me, generally speakign the dog would sniff hte window as soon as i was done, so it was kind of a self defeating beahivor

15. kppop

kppop Well-Known Member

It's funny you bring this up..I have 2 yellow labs and yesterday afternoon was window day..I cleaned 9 windows that were christened with dog slobber. It's not a big deal to me since I do windows once a week anyway...want to talk about dog hair?? lol

kppop

16. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

We have a boxer as well, 8 yr old male. Very good protector, all though he tries to protect the neighbors as well, and the neighbors down the street, and across the road...the birds/squirrells/cats running loose sets him off. And lets not even get started on the leaves blowing in the wind. we put the couch in front of the window so that the kids would leave the plug alone. It worked for them, but now "the puppy" uses it for a launching pad to get to the window. To clean it I literally have to use a scrubbie pad and soap and water before glass cleaner to shine it up.

17. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

Actually clean the windows? I've heard of such a process but can't say I've tried it much.

/single guy

18. Old John

Old John Well-Known Member Supporter

Nope, I seldom get mad at my big Dobies.

We have 3 sets of French Doors, without the little dividers
    in them. Two sets upstairs, looking out over the Deck and
    another set downstairs in the walk-out basement
    The Dobies love to look out at the cats, rabbits & possums,
    they'd love to get hold of. So we constantly have dog
    slobbers in a big spot in the middle of each door.
    We only clean the Doors after the Dobies ar put up, when
    we are expecting company.

Why, do we "put them up"?
    Well, that's because it's much safer. Most Friends & some
    Family too are"intimidated" by a 100# Dobermann, let
    alone by two of them.They have their own bedroom, where
    we only "crate them", to make life easier.
    99% of the time they run the House & yard.