Do you feel lucky punk......?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by roadless, Dec 2, 2006.

1. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

WELL DO YA?.....yep thats me 'roadless eastwood' in the scenerio I have been playing over and over in my head since our home was broken into last Wednesday. :hobbyhors I went out today and replaced one of the handguns that was taken. We also bought and will install a heavy duty safe tonight, and right now my dh and his friend are installing a security system. I am still very angry that we have to spend the money and go through all this hassle because of a couple of thieven bums. I called transunion to put a fraud alert on all our accounts. I mailed out a form to report my passport stolen, we notified the banks and are accounts are flagged. Can you think of anything we have overlooked? I go in for surgery on Tuesday and need to get anything done before then and want to feel safe while recuperating. Thanks.

2. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

DOG?

Glad things are going forward for you :) And I hope the surgery goes well....

Put some big old mens workboots at each entrance on the outside so them thieves might think about what size boot might go right up where the sun dont shine :hobbyhors

3. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

ALOT of ammo? :D I'd like to get a rocksalt shot off in their behinds.

I'm praying for your situation and that they catch those thieves. I hope your surgery goes well!

Kat

4. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

I remember reading your other post. I don't recall if you said how they got in. I was just curious.

I hate that there are people that feel it is okay to break in and steal your possessions.

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Motion detecting lights, thorny plants under windows, dead bolted steel doors, 'known' insanity and a known love of firearms, often heard shots as you target practice, ect. Rotwelliers, mule free to roam at night (rather territorial), JRTs everywhere. (Jack Russel Terriers are now attempting to unionize and start their own security agency! :p )

6. roadless

Anita we are not sure but they most likely got in through the front door....we STUPIDLY didn't not engage the dead bolt. We just haven't taken the time in the morning to use the key. The side slider is believed to be the means of exit. Moopups we do have motion detecting lights but this happened between 10:30 am and 1:30 pm. I also have barberry plants under most of the windows. My neighbor actually admitted to hearing banging in the house but thought that friends of our daughters were visiting :shrug: ( Our daughters haven lived with us for two years!!) I have one neighbor who knows when anyone sneezes within a 3 mile radius but she was out of town Wednesday. I really do want to get a dog but I think I will wait till the summer. I work at a school, so I have summers off and will have the time to devote to training him.

7. Highground

Highground Well-Known Member

8. roadless

Highground that is a very cool device! We just paid for about $800. for 4 motion detecters and 3 door alarms with one year monitering service included.