Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever talked to your loved ones at a grave site or through prayer?

I talked to a friend once and it gave me a feeling of peace. He had died in a head-on collision and the last time we had spoken, we had had a silly dispute over something. I needed to tell him that I was very sorry and it helped alot. I felt like he had heard me and now, many years later, I still believe that he did.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Yelp especially my Mom,Baby Sister,and Graddaughter.Three very good Ladies. :Bawling:

big rockpile

·
Registered
627 Posts
All the time. My best friend was killed when we were sixteen. Every year around her birthday she would come to me in music...we both liked the Beatles...and sure enough...on her birthday 'Lovely Rita Meter Maid" would play and I knew it was her...just hanging around. He name was Rita. Then one year she was on my mind a lot, and everything in my mind was a bit overwhelming. I decided to visit her grave, which I had not been to since her funeral...in fact not even then, because her funeral was in the winter and they had put her in the mausoleum. But some way I found myself parked directly in front of her grave. Then, I left a note for her at her grave, telling her that when it was my time to go..I wanted her to be the one to come get me, because we hadn't seen one another in such a long time...and I got such an overwhelming feeling of peace...and I have never been afraid to die since. Sorry this was so long...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vickiesmom, that is incredible! My best friend Annie died by a drunk driver in front of me. We were crossing a street. She got hit but I found myself put back on the curb. (still don't know how) I was 16 also. The year was 1975 and John Denver's song "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" was huge hit. That was our song. When I went back home a few years ago and rounded a corner in the country where we adopted that song, it came on the radio. I had kids then and my mouth dropped open. I had to explain my surprise to them. Also- I have found 2 cross necklaces over the years that I know that she left for me because she gave me a cross necklace days before she died. It was later stolen so now I get them when I find them. (nobody ever responds to the found ads) Lastly, some days after I dream of her, her presence is strong. It is like she is right there with me.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Oh yes :) I just talk to them. Today is the day my Granddad passed away and he knows I love and I miss him :). He's in a better place and I trust Jesus he can hear my message.

Kat

·
Registered
630 Posts
i still talk to my late wife from time to time

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
I do too. I have found great comfort in asking for my Aunt, Grandmothers, and now my mother, to pray for me. I always get a great feeling of peace and comfort, knowing that those who have passed on continue to be concerned about us.

BTW...Catholics call this "the communion of the saints." It's part of "The Apostle's Creed".

At least this is my personal take on the matter.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wildwood Flower said:
BTW...Catholics call this "the communion of the saints." It's part of "The Apostle's Creed".

At least this is my personal take on the matter.
I like that! I will remember that from now on. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just listen for an answer, or ask for a particular sign that they have heard you. Be specific when asking for a sign so you will know without a doubt that they heard you. :)

Pat

·
Registered
167 Posts
I do talk to them. A lot of times they come to me before something difficult happens. Even though I really don't like it because I know something difficult is going to happen I feel comforted and assured by their presence. It's like they're giving me hugs in advance. My old cat even comes around from time to time. I miss him alot.

Suzi

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
My old dog.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Of course I talk to them. They only dead, not forgotten, and were too big a part of my life to just let them go. My mother, especially, hears from me since my girls are hitting the teen years. I'll just bet Mom likes hearing me say how right she was!

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I love this writing...it gives alot of comfort.

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I ,and you are you; whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used. Put no difference into your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Life means all that it ever meant.. It is the same as it always was; there is absolutley unbroken continuity. I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner…All is well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts