Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you just don't want to do anything? I'm having one today. We need to go finish the new chicken coop and run. Forecast is for rain starting tomorrow night and I'd really like to have them moved in before it starts. All we have to do is run the fencing and put another piece on the roof. All I feel up to though is crawling back in bed and watching a movie.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Yep.. me too.
I am supposed to be gleaning the yard for pecans.. and all day job, but I am not.
I have done two loads of laundry and hung them out. Gathered greens for the barn adn moved a roo.
Oh, and I started dinner at 9:30 this morning...
I will get to the pecans soon, I swear it!

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Man, I'd love to see rain forecast! Today, with the windchill, it's running about 0 F. I filled the horse trough, plugged in the de-icer and a heated water bucket, which promptly blew the breaker for the barn. :grit:

We had to roll out a round bale, put the plastic fencing around it and tie it on. That requires taking off the gloves - did I mention that it's 0 F with the windchill? Thought I'd better bring the eggs in - no bucket, so put them in my hat and ran to the back door. I'm not looking forward to milking goats tonight!

Last night, on my way home, it was snowing hard. About a mile from home, I put on the brake for a stop sign - and just kept on going. Good thing no one was coming the other way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts