Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do too many branches cross?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I got my papers back on my Nubians and I was told by the breeder that the buckling wasnt related to the doelings. Huh they look related to me. What do yall think? Do the braches cross too much to breed them. I intended to breed them for pets and meat but did want them to be of good quality and not inbreeding.

Buckling
Sire Spots of Sandale Boone Doc
Sire's sire Lazy JV Frosty Domino
Sire's Dam Spots of Sandlae Lucy Kat

Dam Spots of Sandale Rose Marie
Dam's sire Spots of Sandlae Jesse James
Dam's dam Spots of Sandale Mandy

Doe 1 (Dottie)

Sire Spots of Sandale Jesse James
Sire's Sire Sulphura's Black Kat (not happy about this)
Sire's dam Spots of Sandale TN Angel Dust

Dam Spots of Sandale Lucy Kat
Dam's sire Sulphura's Black Kat (not happy about this)
Dam's Dam The Kolwyck's Trouble's

Doe 2 (Maddie)

Sire Spots of Sandale Jesse James
Sire's sire Sulphura's Black Kat
Sire's dam Spots of Sandale TN Angel Dust

Dam Spots of Sandale Ora Mae
Dam's sire Lazy JV Frosty Domino
Dam's dam Spots of Sandale Lacy Kitten

Also on the extended pedigree of the buckling there is Sulphura's Black Kat and Lazy JV Frosty Domino

I havent contacted the breeder but I am tempted but then again I should have ask to see the pedigrees of the dam's and Sire's of all of them. I am kicking myself. If this were your goats would you sell the buckling. I do have two does that are from another farm that will be ready to breed this fall that I could use him on where as these 2 girls won't be ready till Spring or next fall. This is frustrating. Another lesson learned. Boy am I tired of learning the hard way.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I dunno, if you want to line breed that would work. It has its advantages, if you like how your stock looks and want predictability in their offspring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.