Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
................When it's starts getting cold I can sleep forever ! In fact , I let my inside temp drop down as low as it can before the furnace turns on ; so I turn the thermostat down to about 45f which means the furnace won't be activitated until around 40f . I save propane this way as well and , on mild nights here in Tx if the temp will stay above 45f I just turn the furnace off completely . My 5'ver isn't as well insulated as you rich folks with stick houses . Suppose to get down to 40f tonite so I'll sleep like a rock . , fordy:shrug:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I used to. Now my pregnant wife keeps making me get up to adjust the temperature.

Hmm...I hope she doesn't read this. :shrug:

·
This is my life
3,869 Posts
I love the cool weather, I am sure it has something to do with the fact that I am now my own personal furnace LOL

The temp is set for the mid 50's during the day but DH insists on 60 for his wake up, something about getting out of the shower without freezing to the bathroom floor. I think he just being a wimp.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Most definitely when its cooler..hubby was freezing so I bought flannel sheets,,and put on 2 more blankets..then I open the window some..depending on just how cold it is outside..now even with flannel all around me...I still sleep well,,think its just breathin all that fresh air all night..

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
I'm OK as long as the room doesn't go below the mid/low 60's. I don't like heavy covers either. Our heating bills are probably higher than they should be because I keep bumping up the temp, but then we rarely get below freezing even during the coldest part of winter.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I'm like Rose...pile on the blankets! The heavier the better :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I love to sleep in the cold, but buried in blankets.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Oh yeah! I like it cold for sleeping, then snuggle under the quilts. I sleep SO much better! When it's too warm, I'm just extremely uncomfortable, I get headaches and have nightmares and just never feel rested even when I can sleep. If it's over 70 I really can't sleep much at all.

·
Registered
473 Posts
LOL, smae here in this house as Roses house. Make me mad when I go to make the bed and DH has tangled all the blankets up so he just has one.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Yes, better with it's cold, best when it's cool and I can leave the windows open. I love a cool breeze & night sounds :zzz:

·
Registered
647 Posts
I really do like it COLD. I can make my own heat it seems.
When I first married my wife she burned me up. But i showed her that with enough covers she can stay warm and I can sleep well. now she wants it cool too.
We go from A/C to heater. We live with in 75 feet of the train tracks where they start blowing the horn so no open windows at night
dale

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Yep,cold room,plenty of cover and rain drops falling on a tin top house.and you won't hear a peep out of me. A lite snore once in a while but,no peeps.:zzz: Eddie

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
same here...love it cold while I'm boogled in my quilts. I sleep like a rock. however, it isn't fun when it's time to get up. LOL

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
When it gets nice and cool I sleep like the dead.

I love it.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
With my income I have come to like sleeping when its cold I turn the heat down to 45* to save on propane, the mobile home has been winterized. I have plenty of covers they do get heavy. Some nights I end up with my pretty much grown up kids with me a cat who has to be under the covers he has sleep on one of my hands for 2 years now so my hand stays warm.
I do make sure it is 68* when the kids get up for school. Then the temp goes back down during the day Iam cold all day until I get back into bed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts