Do I have a sick goat?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by celadon, Nov 15, 2006.

1. celadon

celadon Well-Known Member

YOu may think i am crazy but I swear one of my goats is honking like a geese.
    Every time I go out to feed the past few days I hear a honking noise after I leave. I can not catch either goat doing it though. I noticed that Sandy has had a bit of a cough. But Sandy is the one that I have had many problems with and it seems like she always has a cough. If you remember my previous threads I had the vet out many times. She said it was scarring of the lungs. Sandy or Mandy do not act sick at all. They are jumping and running sideways acting silly when I go out to play with them. Anyone ever hear of this before?

2. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

One of my goats has chronic allergies (to hay, of all things) and I dose her with benadryl when it gets bad. If the vet has seen your goats and there's no lung ailment, I wouldn't worry about it. Goats are quite dramatic creatures.

3. chris30523

chris30523 Well-Known Member

Mine make some strange noises occassionally.They "honk" If they think I have not done something they wanted.I have one that screams at me everytime I feed them(God forbid I am late).