Do any of you use a cream seperator?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tinetine'sgoat, Jul 26, 2006.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Dh and I were looking at Cream Seperator's the other day and OUCH!!! They are high, but would like to get some opinions on brands and what others think of them before we decide yes or no. THANKS!

2. dezeeuwgoats

dezeeuwgoats Well-Known Member

I've written the story about my cream separator more than once. I HATED it enough to go out and buy a heifer calf, who will someday, hopefully give milk intelligent enough to know where the cream is supposed to go..............the top! :)

I consider mine a total waste of $$.

Niki

3. jerzeygurl

jerzeygurl woolgathering

I have 2 nice older ones for sale, but they are for sale BECAUSE, i considered it more trouble than its worth, but i milk cows at the moment... i would consider just churning the whole batch which will separate it, and drink the rest, not that much difference.

4. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

I use and electric Novo that I bought on ebay and I love it. I also have a old Montgomery Ward hand crank but I am selling that one. The electric one is fast and easy and I would not trade it for the world.

5. cowgirlracer

cowgirlracer Well-Known Member

Wyoming & building a homestead in Kentucky
    Try using a gallon sun tea jar - the type with the spigot at the bottom. The cream should rise to the top and you can "squirt" the milk out the spigot.

Anne
    Cowgirlracer
    :hobbyhors