Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall. I'm just kicking back here in Disneyworld this week. Beautiful here this time of year, with all the lights. Going to Epcot tomorrow, and then Magic Kingdom. Dosen't seem to be too crowded. Very easy to overeat here...and overspend too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haven't been there since '83 when I finished up my Navy bootcamp there. First weekend leave we got to take. Loved every minute of it. Hope you have a great time.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
We spent a week in Orlando 2 years ago mid November. This is a GREAT time to visit Disneyworld and all the surrounding "tourist" things. Crowds are WAY down, the stores and sites go all out for Christmassy spirit and the people at the stands and restaurants are usually in very festive spirits. The weather is great, no hurricanes to worry about, warm, sunny...

oh geez. It's late.... Guess I need to put on the long johns, sweater, windbreaker, down jacket, wool socks, sorrels, gloves with mittens over them, and fleece hat so I can go break the ice off the pump..... ;)

Hope you have a PERFECT time :) Merry Christmas to you!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I've heard for years that the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are a great time to go to WDW. Have fun!

Blue

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have a great time. We were supposed to be there 17th-23rd, but for many reasons we had to cancel.
I hope you have a great time! Keep making a few posts so I can live through you this week. Epcot is my favorite park. Have an enjoyable time. I love the fireworks!

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
We're going sometime in the spring. I'm pushing for mid-Feb, but DH wants to do it over spring break! He's crazy. :) I know it costs more then and is more crowded. It'll be our first time.
Oh edayna, PLEASE don't even consider going then. When we lived in Florida we were season ticket holders. We'd always get company over summer break and Easter and it isn't any fun at all to go. It's shoulder to shoulder and the lines are sooooo long that you can only do a few rides/attractions in the whole day.

Also, they frequently end up closing the parks by 10 a.m. to new admissions because the parking lot is filled to capacity. If you've ever seen the massive parking lots there, that will give you some idea of what the crowds will be like.

Friends of ours in Orlando said on the news they were talking about how they are anticipating huge crowds this spring. The reason is, many believe this will be the last time they will ever be able to visit there due to the economy. They are chucking it all and going for one last vacation while they can.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
edayna, I agree with Karen, try to choose a less crowded time. Any week that includes a holiday, MLK Day, Prresidents' Day, Memorial Day, etc., will be more crowded, as will spring break weeks, summer, Christmas break.

My favorite guide book for WDW is the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. It gives you the good, bad and ugly of a Disney vacation, all written with a sense of humor and a love for the Mouse.

Whenever you go, have a great time! It's possible to have fun even in the crowds, just be prepared.

Blue

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
My family & I were there over Christmas last year. (NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT GO AT CHRISTMASTIME EVER AGAIN!) We were there as soon as the parks opened, so we got in and got what we wanted to see because by noon the place was like a sardine can!

While the Christmas lights, poinsettias, etc were all beautiful, it just didn't seem (feel) like Christmas. When we go again, it will NOT be over Christmas - who knew that is when Disney's busiest time is?!

Enjoy yourself!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Oh I so agree, Spring break is madness, the last time we went then was the LAST time we went at Spring break, It wasn't even enjoyable!! We have been going winter break when the kids are off mid Feb, I think we're going this year not to sure really but if we do we'll be there on our oldests birthday you get something special :)
I love Disney! But it's so expensive!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it's day 3 for us here in Disney World. We went to magic kingdom today and we got right on several popular rides with hardly any wait time at all. We have been dining at Epcot every evening for dinner at a different international restaurant.Yesterday afternoon was Germany. Last night was Morocco. Tonight will be England. It's fun to sample all the different brews from the different countries. More later.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last day at disney. Did the animal Kingdom today, then went and, saw circ de soles la nouba at downtown Disney. Tired, broke, and ready to go home. A good time had by all.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
So wonderful you had a good vacation :) It's a great place to go, specially with kids (duh, ann). And now that you've had a vacation, and are all relaxed, you can get through the next couple of weeks of in-laws, family meals, and holiday stress :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts