Disgusting Abuse of Governmental Power

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Lazaryss, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Lazaryss

Lazaryss Well-Known Member

This country is going down the drain so fast it is beyond pathetic. Being threatened with a $5000 fine for hosting a birthday party and selling the produce that SHE grew. When are people in this country going to wake up and say I have absolutely freaking HAD IT? If we continue to allow the government to slowly snake its way into our lives, it will soon control our lives completely.

Fauquier County Virginia Farmers Hold ‘Pitchfork Protest’ After Martha Boneta Threatened With Fines for Hosting a Child’s Birthday | Video | TheBlaze.com

7thswan likes this.
  2. jennigrey

jennigrey Well-Known Member Supporter

I wonder what the deal is with the birthday party. Did she take money in exchange for hosting the birthday party? Someone else's kid's party, with money involved? I wouldn't be surprised if you needed to have some kind of license for that.

3. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

4. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

Yuppers selling things comes under all sorts of rules and regulations. If they had just "given" things away I bet nothing would have been said. But Selling your food stuffs can't do that without going through the proper channels and permits. Period.

5. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

No, read the article. It sounds like she went through the proper channels and after she got her license, the county changed things. Also, she has been the only one harassed by the county though other farmers are doing the same thing. She's being complained about by neighbors and it looks like the county is capriciously singling her out. The county website even lists farmers doing just what she's doing.

Examiner Local Editorial: Fauquier County steps over the line | WashingtonExaminer.com

6. furholler

furholler Cedar Cove Farm Supporter

It may be too late. For decades we have been slowly allowing the guvmint in where they needn't be. I just wonder what the final nail in our collective coffin will be.

7. Ozarks Tom

Ozarks Tom Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing how a little power affects some people? That county commission sounds like an HOA board.

Sonshine, Sawmill Jim and bignugly like this.
  8. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

What can I say, Washington state is an amazing place so is Oregon...the state even owns the rainfall!

Sawmill Jim likes this.
  9. Lizza

Lizza Well-Known Member Supporter

There are many regulations in Oregon and Washington but this was in Virginia, if I'm not mistaken?

We can collect water from roofs by the way in Oregon, not sure about Washington.

10. Sonshine

Sonshine Well-Known Member Supporter

I understand that, BUT, she had already gotten the required permits, THEN they added other things to the list she had to get permits for. Besides, what's up with needing a permit to have a birthday party???? It's beyond ridiculous.

AngieM2, furholler and Dusky Beauty like this.