I remodeled an old family farmhouse this spring, and have enjoyed using it on week-ends. I'd like to continue using it this winter, but I'm afraid that the electric baseboard heat may be cost prohibitive. I had thought about using an unvented wall unit, turned on low, in order to prevent pipes from freezing, but my brother told me they put a lot of moisture in the air, and that continuous use could cause a mold problem. Then I read about direct vent units, and they sounded almost too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with these? My downstairs heated space is about 2000 square feet, some of which I could close off if necessary. There are closed-up fireplaces in every room, and I was considering the direct vent fireplace insert for the living room, which is centrally located in the house. If you have any experience with these, please share your knowledge.