Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digital gulag (other recent HT articles) ... via digital means, they box you in and break you down ... are you ready for it?

1. don't live in a city or town ... check! By going rural, you avoid the mess and fuss of restrictions, ordinances/laws, most police and politicians, too-close neighbors, etc.

2. get mortgage- and utility-free ... check! By getting to mortgage- and utility-free, you are insulating yourself (to a degree) from others who might want to "pull the plug" on you. Banks, government officials, etc.

3. numerous other survival preps ... check! By utilizing the zillions of articles posted in this forum, there are very few scenarios that you aren't ready for. Food and water, weaponry, survival in any scenario ...

Basically, homesteading!

There could still be ways they could break us down, so list any such ways that you think might need special attention.

One I can think of is the need to tie everyone (and everything) to some real id and real address ... it's getting harder and harder to do something anonymously; not impossible, just harder.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is the Real ID act. It has taken a back seat due to covid.

However, when it is implemented, you won't be able to get on any interstate transportation, or go in any federal and maybe state buildings.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
There is the Real ID act. It has taken a back seat due to covid.

However, when it is implemented, you won't be able to get on any interstate transportation, or go in any federal and maybe state buildings.
It is funny you mention Real ID. I cannot get one. I have a farm, residential and commercial rental properties, but they are all held in LLC's. All the utilities here are in the better half's name. I have vehicles in my name, but anything from the DMV doesn't count here. So, I cannot have one. I guess I get a new passport....

This Real ID thing is among the dumber programs in the last .... nevermind, it isn't even in the top 100.

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Registered
922 Posts
Kind of confused. I got a real ID in January when I had to renew my drivers license. The only additional paperwork I had to have was my birth certificate. I figured why not?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems that they are zeroing in on just one address for you.

It may be that you have to "buy" a piece of land somewhere or get a "rental" address, and make it your "real" address; this would be the address to give out to everyone, like a google phone number. Does UPS (stores) still offer POB service with a real street address, and does that survive such address checks?

All this, to prevent your real address from being sold by everyone, the government most of all! Kind of like a data-warehouse speed-bump ...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Kind of confused. I got a real ID in January when I had to renew my drivers license. The only additional paperwork I had to have was my birth certificate. I figured why not?
The individual states petitioned what minimum standards they could do to qualify. I live in the communistwealth of VA. Birth certificate is insufficient. Now, I could make a fake lease agreement from my LLC to myself and sign it and bring it and get one just fine. But, my car title won't work. I live in bizzaro world.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Through covid restrictions...shut down social events, isolate everyone, restrict travel, shut down small businesses, start a reliance on the government...and many more that I won't go into !

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Think about it from "Their" point of view....If you wanted to gain complete power & control of a constituency, what would you want to know about and do to them?

a) know exactly who they were and where they could be reached (arrested) at all times.

2) monitor their activities-- listen in on phone calls (being done now at will when using mobile devices) ..monitor internet activity...monitor credit card use (tells them what we're buying/where we're going)...watch us at all times (street cameras everywhere and getting worse; tracking us with our own mobile devices)

C) control food & material production/distribution--- GW anyone?---limit fuel/energy availability...regulate farm &industrial production--encourage dependency on foreign sources so it can be cut off at will (Ever wonder why CA with an excess of water in the north hasn't built a pipeline to southern CA? ..Seems like a no-brainer to me.)

d) control medical care so it can be distributed or withheld strategically.

5] Make it impossible for them to fight back (anti-gun laws...take away rights to assemble, freedom to associate (anti-discrimination laws are a start in that direction), limit freedom of the press (controlled news)

F) intensive disinformation program (propaganda) and control education from an early age. "Re-education" prpgrams (the Woke movement)

Now go make your plans to avoid or combat these things. It ain't easy without major sacrifices in life-style. In fact, it may be impossible at this point.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I wear a mask when I go to town, I try not to make eye contact with anybody, and don't talk to anybody. I stop by the Savings and Loan and pick up whatever cash I need that trip, and pay cash for everything. Yesterday I picked up three tons of hay, and some groceries. Didn't say five words, all together.

If at some point they require a special ID or paperwork regarding Covid. I guess I will have to get creative. Years ago I arrested a guy who was making and selling fake drivers licenses. I understand that he is out now, and back in business. Where there is a will there is a way.

·
Super Moderator
9,633 Posts
I wear a mask when I go to town, I try not to make eye contact with anybody, and don't talk to anybody. I stop by the Savings and Loan and pick up whatever cash I need that trip, and pay cash for everything. Yesterday I picked up three tons of hay, and some groceries. Didn't say five words, all together.

If at some point they require a special ID or paperwork regarding Covid. I guess I will have to get creative. Years ago I arrested a guy who was making and selling fake drivers licenses. I understand that he is out now, and back in business. Where there is a will there is a way.

I guess I talk to people all over I live in a small town and while I don't know everyone it sometimes feels like everyone knows me. we will be in the city and my wife and I might go to different stores , she will walk into the I went into and in 4 words describe me so that the clerk points in the direction I went and that works , a lot.

I may be going grey but I am the worlds worst grey man

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I guess I talk to people all over I live in a small town and while I don't know everyone it sometimes feels like everyone knows me. we will be in the city and my wife and I might go to different stores , she will walk into the I went into and in 4 words describe me so that the clerk points in the direction I went and that works , a lot.

I may be going grey but I am the worlds worst grey man
I already know way too many people, I don't need to meet any more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts