Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baroness of TisaWee Farm
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know where I can info on this? There was a place that offered "dig-it-yourself" mums in the fall where I used to live. It was such a great place! Sort of like the pumpkin patch thing.

I just bought 5 acres.... sign the papers tonight. I'm trying to think of what I can use it for to make a little money. PIY berries was one idea. Mums, another

Thanks again for your help!
Chris in W.Central Ohio

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Congratulations! Never heard of a dig your own mums farm. Interesting idea tho. Maybe you can get some free publicity from local news media when you are ready to get started selling. Seems like people can be slow to catch on to something like that, but if they see it on tv it can become THE thing to do. Sure hope it works out for you!

·
Baroness of TisaWee Farm
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cyngbaeld said:
Congratulations! Never heard of a dig your own mums farm. Interesting idea tho. Maybe you can get some free publicity from local news media when you are ready to get started selling. Seems like people can be slow to catch on to something like that, but if they see it on tv it can become THE thing to do. Sure hope it works out for you!
Hi Cyngbaeld,

I guess I was too quick to announce my new farm... :waa:

I *thought* I had taken care of everything and made all the phone calls. The last thing to do before signing the papers was to meet with the county engineer today about the ditch. They had assured me over the phone that the ditch behind the property was "on maintenance" and if my land was flooding, and the ditch was causing it, they would correct it.

I meet him about an hour ago. It turns out that the ditch behind my house isn't the one he thought I was talking about. And it really isn't a ditch. And there isn't anything that can (financially reasonable) be done about the flooding. Of the five acres, I'd guess that only about 1/4 of it is on high enough ground to not worry about losing all the crops. It already looks like the sahara desert on part of it. Dry and cracked...not a thing growing.

Anyway.... I just "officially" declined buying the property. :(

But thanks for all your advice! I know that I can always count on you!

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
:waa: :waa: :waa: so sorry. Maybe something else will work out soon.

·
Baroness of TisaWee Farm
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cyngbaeld said:
:waa: :waa: :waa: so sorry. Maybe something else will work out soon.
That's what I'm counting on!!! The worst part is the roller-coaster ride. Yep, I'm gonna buy it :) .... no, I'm not :( YES, I AM!!! :) ah..... no I'm not... :(

At least I'm OK with it now. It's settled.

Sooner or later......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts