Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to buy a Dietz Jupiter lantern for its larger 84 fl oz fuel tank. However, in doing my research on the Jupiter, I found out that you cannot use paraffin lamp oil as its fuel. It's a kerosene only lantern. What I don't understand is why? Especially, when it uses the same #12632 burner assembly, same 7/8" flat wick, and same #58106 globe as my Dietz #90 D-Lite lantern which burns paraffin lamp oil just fine. Also, both are cold-blast lanterns.

So, is anyone out there successfully burning paraffin lamp oil in a Dietz #2500 Jupiter lantern?

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,911 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've been looking to buy a Dietz Jupiter lantern for its larger 84 fl oz fuel tank. However, in doing my research on the Jupiter, I found out that you cannot use paraffin lamp oil as its fuel. It's a kerosene only lantern. What I don't understand is why? Especially, when it uses the same #12632 burner assembly, same 7/8" flat wick, and same #58106 globe as my Dietz #90 D-Lite lantern which burns paraffin lamp oil just fine. Also, both are cold-blast lanterns.

So, is anyone out there successfully burning paraffin lamp oil in a Dietz #2500 Jupiter lantern?

I would wager that the folks that designed and manufactured it would know the answer to your question. See what the directions say. Seth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts