didn't get the house We put an offer on, but...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by marisal, Nov 19, 2004.

1. marisal

marisal Well-Known Member

We got a different one! We have to wait for the home inspection to be done, but I think that would go ok.

It's on 30 acres, with a lot of out buildings. It's about 400' off the road. I would say about 29 acres is all trees, and then a small yard, and gravel for a lot of parking. There is a pond too. The house is very small for us, but we can live with it now, and we will add on next spring. The soil is all clay, but I am prepared for that. I just have to clear a lot of the trees for pasture and things. (That will be a new thread :) )

http://www.homesteadnet.com/home_detail.asp?type=single&mls=425588

Stay tuned for more questions I'm sure :)

~Marisa

2. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Ooooh, I am so happy for you...when can you get started?

3. tngirl

tngirl Well-Known Member

:dance: I'm doing the hapy dance for you. :D

4. marisal

Thanks!

We are getting together the mortgage now, they are putting a rush on it, so if all goes well, maybe the end of December? I hope so.

:)

5. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

Good for you! Looks nice! I've heard that Kendall is a really nice area. I'm more familar with the east side of Roch along the lake but I imagine it is similar. Hope all goes well for you! How exciting!

6. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Looks really nice from the picture........nice place and land, great deal.

7. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

The link no longer works(?) so I couldn't see the pics, but congratulations!!!! :dance:

8. marisal

Thanks Everyone!! :p

Wow, they already took it off of the MLS. Usually they keep it on since the sale is still pending. We are doing the Inspection Tuesday. Everything should go ok though. The house was built in 1988, so it's fairly new..Kinda.

:)

9. marisal

10. breezynosacek

breezynosacek Well-Known Member

Looks nice! Congratulations!

11. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Any new news?

12. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tour...now I'm even more excited for you!

13. marisal

Well, we went to get the mortgage.....and just our luck had problems...

About 3 months ago, we were going to build on the land we own. We got the Construction loan for that, and then the builder turned into a slimeball and tried to get more money out of us, never got any building permits, etc....We decided not to build anymore. We are still trying to get out of the contract with him.. He's extorting money from us... but if we don't pay, we can't get out of the contract. Our lawyer said we could go to court, but that will take a long time. We can't buy a new house till this is settled..

Anyway, that isn't the problem...The problem is when we applied for the previous mortgage, my husbands credit scores were in the 700's, which meant we could get any loan we wanted.

We want a 100% mortgage because we want to use the money from selling our house for putting in a new kitchen, (We already paid a cabinet maker $7500 for kitchen cabinets for the house we were going to build,and he already started them) So we need money for a new floor, counters, paint, ect.....

So we went to get a new mortgage, and my husbands credit scores dropped over 50 points in less then 3 months!!!

We need a 680 score to get a 100% mortgage.
    We weren't late on any bills, the credit card balance did go up a bit, but we paid off a 70,000 dollar house, so only had a car payment and a credit card!!

As we looked closer, My DH car is a lease, on the previous credit report, it said the maximum loan amount was 11,500. the amount still owed, 11,000. On this report it said anount owed 19,000 dollars!! So that messed this up. Then there was a few more inquiries. The stupid storage unit place, we got a storage unit, they ran his credit...a month later we had to get a second one, they ran his credit again! The apartment ran his credit....We got a letter from Honda saying what the real total was, the bank is dealing with the credit agencies right now for us.

Soooo, sorry you asked a simple question and got a long winded response!! I'm just so frusterated right now. We need a loan commitment for the sellers by the 5th. I don't know how thats going to happen.

We can do a 80-15-5 loan, which means we need 5% down, but then we would have absolutely no money when we move in. I hate that feeling.....

There really is nothing we can do but wait.

Thanks for asking!!!

~Marisa :)

14. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Some days life isn't easy......sorry .......hope things turn around.