Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
Mine were fine the entire pregnancy, each pregnancy. My wife's were a mite sore during that same time however... ???

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
When we had our son, my breasts felt the way they always do. I did gain a bit of weight though.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The only sign I had caused me to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss menopause...boy, did he have a surprise for me!

·
Banned
3,368 Posts
Mine hurt terribly. Even wearing my bra was painful, but taking it off was worse! I had severe morning sickness, if it can be called that when it happens 40 times a day. It wasn't just the first trimester either-- right up until the day I delivered I would throw up at least a few times a day.

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
mwhit said:
Mine hurt terribly. Even wearing my bra was painful, but taking it off was worse! I had severe morning sickness, if it can be called that when it happens 40 times a day. It wasn't just the first trimester either-- right up until the day I delivered I would throw up at least a few times a day.

now your scaring me! lol :help:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Mine didn't hurt until the end of my pregnancy. But they did get huge in the beginning! But they were not tender or hurting. :)
God Bless,
Michele

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Well, only w/ 2 out of my 4 kids. I also never really had "morning sickness" (usually in the afternoon & evening) except w/ my daughter. Only a bit of nausea w/ the 3 boys. With my 7 week old son,we didn't find out we were pregnant until I was 19 weeks along! I had no clue,until I felt the baby MOVE! Thought I was just gaining weight.
I had a positive test in November,then "started" a few days later. We thought either I had miscarried or the test was wrong (they very seldom ARE) . I missed the entire first trimester!

·
Registered
233 Posts
The first two signs for me (other than missed period, which I chalked up to extreme stress) were insomnia (which I also chalked up to stress) and my nipples hurt when brushed up against. The nipples hurting thing is what made me take a test; if it wasn't for that, I would have gone a long time not knowing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, mine hurt really bad, but I was lucky not to suffer much morning sickness. I only threw up once and that was at work. I worked in a warehouse with a bunch of big burly guys. I went running to the bathroom suddenly. When I came out my coworkers were waiting for me. All seemed concerned and then one tentatively asked if I was pregnant. With out thinking I said, "you know , I think I might be." They all started grinning and one said, "Congratulations if you planned it, I'm sorry if you didn't." Those guys were a bunch of cards. Needless to say, they threw me one interesting baby shower.

~Emily

·
Hiccoughs after eating
1,003 Posts
I didn't have any of the telltale pregnancy symptoms, besides my belly swelling up... and that didn't happen until about 7 months. I didn't even know that I was pregnant until 3 months into it. My husband told his work buddies that I had been acting different somehow (I didn't notice anything, though), and they told him I was pregnant. I think they were just joking with him, but he picked up a test anyway and made me use it. Sure enough, positive.

I haven't even had a problem with my boobs since Corbin was born (back in January). I'm still breastfeeding him, but never had a problem with leaking, hardness, cracking, or soreness.

I guess this means my next child is going to make me sick, sore, and leaky. :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I woke up the day after conception with horribly aching breasts. We had been trying to conceive for over a year at that point, and I couldn't get the smile off of my face for the next two weeks, until we confirmed what I suspected for those two, long weeks. That pain was the best thing I ever felt in my life!! :p

They ached for the entire pregnancy.

·
Happiness is Homemade
3,512 Posts
my first two pregnancies hurt very VERY badly.... even to let the water in the shower run over them.. OOOOch!!

But the other two times nothing much cept maybe a little "heavier" feeling.

But my first sign with all 4 was the fact that toothpaste would make me throw up. If I couldn't use toothpaste.. I knew I was pregnant lol

baby #1 - sick the whole 9 months bad!
2nd = nothing bad at all.
#3 - not sick, but bad back pain..
#4 - SIck sick sick.... back pain,,,, heartburn... bed rest.. emergency c-section (the only girl has been a pain from day one! lol)

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
They did with the first 4 but don't this time around. Made me kinda worried. I have my first appointment of Thurs. and will be 10 weeks, so we'll see how things are going.

Rachel

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
ok....lots of horror stories here....

yikes lol

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
First sign for me...sorry NickieL...dizziness. Also the smell of coffee made me sick and I LOVE coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
The only time I ever had sore nipples, even through extended breastfeeding of 4 children was when I was first pregnant with our son. With the 3 girls there were no problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts