Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
12,302 Posts
I think the interpretation of the picture it's taken from is a little too esoteric.

· Registered
1,044 Posts
“The mainstream media … was reporting on it like it was all beautiful, ’cause they were told they had to say that,” Seneca Scott, Coretta’s cousin, told the New York Post. “But then when it came out, a little boy pointed out — ‘That’s a penis!’ and everyone was like, ‘Yo, that’s a big old d***, man.”

· Registered
20,515 Posts
They'll tear it down before long anyway.

My niece was going to Georgetown in the fall of 2020. One of her assignments was, pick who you would like to be more like. The choices were Malcolm X and MLK. She was the only one who picked MLK. Then the rest of the class called her racist because of it. They treated her so bad that she transferred.

Apparently, unbeknownst to the rest of the adults, MLK was a blatant racist.

The jokes on them though because she was interning for the governor of Arkansas the next year. One of the few places that MLK and his message are still appreciated.

· Registered
7,997 Posts
They'll tear it down before long anyway.

My niece was going to Georgetown in the fall of 2020. One of her assignments was, pick who you would like to be more like. The choices were Malcolm X and MLK. She was the only one who picked MLK. Then the rest of the class called her racist because of it. They treated her so bad that she transferred.

Apparently, unbeknownst to the rest of the adults, MLK was a blatant racist.

The jokes on them though because she was interning for the governor of Arkansas the next year. One of the few places that MLK and his message are still appreciated.
It's just more gas lighting. Malcom X was angrier, more racist, more violent, and therefore they love him. What they don't know was that after his trip to Mecca, where he met Muslims from all over the world (including Europe), Malcom X came home and started to say things that sounded a lot more like MLK Jr's words. He was becoming more peaceful, very quickly, and at the same time MLKJr. was becoming angrier. Then they were both assassinated.

Reactions: mreynolds and Pony

· Premium Member
23,117 Posts
I don't see it... The statue looks like...well, we all know what it looks like. It does NOT look like this picture:

Smile Shoulder Flash photography Gesture Happy

· Registered
7,997 Posts
There's really no way the artist didn't know exactly what it was going to look like, right?

· Registered
4,907 Posts
Are there two different statutes? The first is bare-armed with a bracelet, the second picture has a suit.
And it has 3 hands - there's the fingers showing at the top back. I wonder how many of those MLK statues there are and if they're all different?

Whoever designed and created those statues must have been on really bad drugs. They are obscenities no matter which way you look at them. What a shameful insult to MLK.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts