Wasn't as bad as dehorning but would have been easier if the holder was made to hold all 6 of my ID numbers instead of just 5. I also found that you don't need that much ink... yes, it was everywhere :shrug: I did something that I thought I would pass along. Instead of using cotton balls to clean the ears with alcohol, I used the cotton cosmetic squares instead. I took a ziplock bag and put some squares in then poured in alcohol to make nicely wet. I would use two, one on each side of the ear. Then would use the other clean side on the next goat. I would also "bite" into a clean square inbetween ears to clean the needles. It seemed to work a whole lot easier then when I watched someone who was using cotton balls. Last, I put the numbers and letters in a weekly pill container to separate them and make them easier to find. The Sunday has my herd ID in. Monday has numbers. Tuesday has A,B,C,D. Etc. I also had a little container that had some alcohol in that I put the used numbers in after I was finished so the used did not go in with the clean.