Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you all get your d.e.? I want the food grade to put on my goats, dogs, chickens and sprinkle in their feed, but I'm not sure of a good supplier. I got a bag from Lowe's, but I don't think it's food grade. Got any good websites?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Unregistered said:
Where do you all get your d.e.? I want the food grade to put on my goats, dogs, chickens and sprinkle in their feed, but I'm not sure of a good supplier. I got a bag from Lowe's, but I don't think it's food grade. Got any good websites?
Walton Feed has information on it.
http://waltonfeed.com/grain/faqs/vig2d.html
Hope that helps :)
Bill

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
I buy mine from Azure Standard. Thats a good place for those who live in the west along one of their drop routes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The de that low's carry is called pool grade, it would be like feeding your animals ground up glass. Any feed mill in your area should be able to order it for you. Specify feed or food grade. I get mine in 50 lb bags for about $18 a bag. And there is no shipping and handling. I have to drive 25 miles to pick it up but I'm usually going anyway. Take the spelling with you. Even feed stores and coops can get it for you. I have had people tell me they couldn't get it, but it was because they didn't know what it was, so if you right it down for them and help them to pronounce it their more comfortable about calling their suppliers. The cheapest place I have found it though, is at a regular feed mill. They get theirs by the bulk tons and can bag and sell it to you cheaper without the middle man.

shell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts