Diapering?

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by kesoaps, Mar 19, 2005.

1. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Didn't have to do it last year...don't want to this year...but thought I'd ask just to be on the safe side :) I did have a lamb last year that we thought might need to be a bottle baby, but I just can't figure out how to deal with a tail and a diaper at the same time. Oh...a doggie diaper maybe? Is that the answer?

2. Snomama

Snomama Well-Known Member

Doggie diaper would work! We had a lamb in the house for over two weeks last year, since we had a baby I just used baby diapers and cut out a hole for the tail. He slept w/ m 4yo :)
    [​IMG]

Good luck!

Melissa

3. bergere

bergere Just living Life

Melissa that is one cute pictures!!!

4. Snomama

Snomama Well-Known Member

We have some really adorable ones :) You should see the one of him taking over the cat bed! Unfortunately this was a ram and when his hormones kicked in he became aggressive :( We ended up having to butcher him and it was very sad!!!!! I will not ever baby a ram again, but we are having fun with a ewe bottle baby!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We are having fun!

5. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Oh, that is just downright adorable!

Btw...you may need to watch the ewe lamb as well. My neighbors had a bottle baby ewe who turned out to be nearly as aggressive as some rams! She'd slam into you anytime you came near and she expected to be fed...