Dexter family milk cow for sale

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by shermjm, May 10, 2004.

1. shermjm

shermjm Guest

I own 3 Dexter cattle, all for sale. One is a 4 yr old, milked two seasons by my daughters, bottle fed and very gentle. She gives about 3 gallons a day when she freshens. She was dehorned shortly after birth. Another cow is her first daughter, still horned. Last one is a 1 yr old bull calf, red, still horned. Neither of the other Dexters was bottle fed, and while they are used to people, they are not particularly "gentled". Neither of the cows is currently bred or lactating. Location is Gainesville, FL

2. sweetbabyjane

sweetbabyjane Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi shermjm,
    How much are you asking for them? Will you sell them separately? What colors are they? Shots/worming current? Full sized or short-legged? Is there an address/phone number to contact you at?

I know an old fellow who might be interested,
    SBJ

3. shermjm

shermjm Guest

The two cows are black, the bull calf is red. All are purebred but unregistered. Price $500 ea for the cows, $350 for the bull. I haven't weighed them but expect the two cows to be in excess of 500 lbs each. You can e-mail me at lssherm@aol.com. Phone # is 352-591-2173. I dont have a lot of experience with Dexters, but I think they are short legged. No shots or worming this year. I will sell separately. Someone has contacted me and may be coming to see them this weekend.

4. sweetbabyjane

sweetbabyjane Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks, I'll pass it on.

SBJ

5. stacwase

stacwase Member

Where do you live, and do you still have those cows for sale?

6. do you still have any of the cows?
    thanks
    liz