dexter bull for sale

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Christina R., Sep 26, 2005.

1. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

The bull that I use to breed my gal is for sale. The owner lives in Chino Valley, AZ. The owner called me to see if I wanted to buy him, but we don't have room. I can find out more details if anyone is interested. He is dun colored and a real beauty. I know many people in Northern AZ use him for their cows (anything from dexters, jerseys, holsteins, etc.).

2. RdoubleD

RdoubleD Active Member

Would you know what the bulls name is? About how old is he? Horned or not?

3. Christina R.

The bull's name is Randolph. that is not his whole name; I think he is from the show me line. He is polled (no horns). I don't know how old he is. I will try to find out some of this stuff by tomorrow.

4. genebo

genebo Well-Known Member Supporter

The bull would be Shome Randolph, registered as a dun, horned bull, 5 years old. He has a very nice pedigree. He may be de-horned.

I have a long legged, dun, horned bull, 2 years old, for sale on the east coast. Stillwater's Ryder is in central Virginia. He's a very good looking bull and his pedigree is also excellent.

Genebo
    Paradise Farm

5. Christina R.

Thanks Genebo, that name does ring a bell. He has a great dispostion. I haven't talked to the owner since this past weekend.

How's this for a coincidence... Randolph's daughter from my cow now lives in Virginia! She is just over a year old and moved there in August. I had her from Aug. to Nov. and was smitten with her. Good luck selling your bull!

6. genebo

genebo Well-Known Member Supporter

That's a long way to haul a cow, from Arizona to Virginia. How did you do it?

I know most of the people who own Dexters in Virginia. I may run across your calf one day. What's her name?

Genebo
    Paradise Farm

7. Christina R.

Good Morning,

I haven't had access to the internet in a few days, so I just saw your post. The heifer's name is Evalina. She now lives at a farm in Luray, Virginia. She went to that farm from Colorado with some buddies of hers. I could find out the details from the person who shipped her. I hear she did real well. We are on the countdown for our next calf (due November 1st). I'm sure I'll be submitting a post about that soon.