Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
My vet told me Ivermectin Paste...at the horse dosage.
I've never had to do it yet, thankfully.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I use Molly's herbals and love it. I started in the middle of winter when I new they were relativly free of too many parasite, did a fecal. It took a feww weeks for them to get used to it in their food but now they eat it right up. I just had the vet out last week and he said they looked great and did not even think he needed to do another fecal at this time. I will have one done at the end of august to be sure. This years kids also have been on it since 2 weeks old and no signs of coccidia . We did have a tapeworm problem here last year and no signs of them either. I am in NY so my worm problem would not be as great as some one in the warmer areas but for me it works so far.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Your Vet does not know squat about goats. If the horse wormer is even still effective in your area the dosage is 3 x what it would be for a horse.

Patty

·
Premium Member
15,781 Posts
I lived in Fairbanks for a few years and I can't imagine worms surviving the winter freeze.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there another type for tapes Ive been giving valbazen for awhile and I have noticed both the goats and sheep are passing two type of tapes the ones that look like rice and the scotch tape looking ones I think they have become Immune to valbazen

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I use ivermectin pour-on, orally, based primarily on FAMACHA and some fecal exam work. I primarily spot-worm as opposed to whole-herd. Never have seen any sign of tapeworm in my herd. Lucky, I guess.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I rotate with Safeguard paste at 3 times the horse does for weight and Ivomec in-ectable which I use orally. Never had a big problem with worms. Sure does help though since we have been doing our own fecals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts