Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age do doe rabbits get there dew lap? I am still trying to figure out how old a rabbit I have is. She still doesn't have her dew lap and is still growing,
She is a cross bred that I bought from some one who had no idea of her age either.
I've been guessing she could be a rex/nzw cross. But she could also be a checkered giant or a mini lop for all I know.

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
How long had the previous owner had her? I would think that if she is still growing and does not have a dewlap that she is under a year old for sure. I'm trying to remember how old our rabbits were when they stopped growing... seems to me it was 5 -6 months. Not much help, am I? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I found a picture of her. I didn't think that if you crossed 2 different new zealands together that you would get a broken coat, But I think that is what happened. The picture is low on the page.
http://rabbits.mythicaldanes.com/nzs.html

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
She looks just like my two does! Mine have dark eyes like that one too. I always wondered what was in their background! :)

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That means I get to keep her. We thought she was a mini rabbit. She'll be glad to hear she is saved from freezer camp for now as long as she can make some baby's.
I'll have to go by weight when to breed her. She is a freindly rabbit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts