Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bishop is settling in.
(he is the grey that I got off of freecycle last month)
He was so teeny,tiny when I got him. Very short bodied and legged though almost full grown.
Well,
he is still short, but destined to be a fat cat.
Ya'll should see him:) so roly poly.
I didn't really notice until DH pointed out he was fat.
His whole body is squishy and plump. It is a good look on him, but I have never seen a cat pack on the pounds like this before.
He does not have constant access to food and doesn't get a huge amount of food when he is fed. There are three cats here now.
But, boy! Is he "plush":)
Really starting to look like the stereotypical "Bishop" now.
Perhaps if we had named him "Twiggy"?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a barn cat that looks like a teddy bear! She is so fat and round with stubby legs and a tiny short tail. When she appeared here she was pregnant and looked like a basketball. After she had her kittens we realized she always looks like that! Since I don't get too fancy with barn cat names she goes by "Mother". All my other barn cats are her kittens so its fitting!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wow, that is so weird! I also have a barn cat with short legs, a short tail, and overweight. And I'm also terrible with names. We call her Backup (backup cat in case something happened to our other barncat ). I've since made her a house cat and she is on a diet. BTW, the diet is not going well at all.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
We have two foster kittens at our place right now. They are brothers and are about 4 months old. Tigger is skinny as a rail, while Socks has tripled in size since we got them- he's a real porker compared to his brother!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Most cat foods contain corn in the first ingrediant causing cats to get over weight on small amounts of food. Its odd that TSC brand cat food paws and claws actually has meat as the first ingrediant and has already slimmed down my fatter cats. I hate having the cats on kibbles but Im in one of those places where its amazing to see people actually feed the cats so theres not much market for holistic cat food.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Cannon ...I just went to walmart in search of a "need to get by till the pet food store opens on Friday" cat food. I feed my cats grain free kibble (Taste of the Wild). I knew they would not have that in a kibble, but checked labels of cans for no grains. Many of the canned foods had wheat gluten. But was suprised when I looked at some of the Special kitty flavors to see no grains in some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts