Desperately seeking nubian buck

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Julie2260, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Julie2260

Julie2260 Active Member

I am trying to find a nubian buck for stud service. I have found no one in this area with nubians (Northwest Ohio). Last year we had to go almost to Cleveland for stud service, and that lady has sold all her bucks. I have decided that "if" I'm lucky enough to find a buck to get my nubian bred, then I will keep a buckling--if she has one! Hoping I hear something from someone--anyone!!! Thanks, Julie

2. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

Would you be interested in buying a buck? I know someone selling out of their Nubians but it's in south east Ohio. :shrug:

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

what is the largest bigger town you are close to ? I know a few Ohio Nubian breeders plus have a buckling for sale, depending on how many does or the age of them you want bred. I'm 5 mins from NW ohio

4. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

This came one of the lists I am on

. Fri Mkt - Nubian Buck in Ohio
    Posted by: "Andrew Faller" andrew@endlessprairie.com strider391
    Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 am (PST)
    Hi! We have *B Endless Prairie AR Geronimo for sale for $200. He's a yearling buck. We have two daughters of his that he gave us this year. For more info and pictures please visit our website at www.endlessprairie.com and click on Senior Herd Sire page. Also email us privately for more info and pictures.

Thanks for looking

Andy

www.endlessprairie.com

5. Julie2260

Julie2260 Active Member

Kim, Unfortunately, I don't have the room at this time to buy a buck. We are considering putting up another building so I can expand. Then I definitely will have several bucks. Its just so hard to get breeding done around here. Thanks for the response.

6. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Couldn't get his picture to come up, but they have some very nice goats and he has some good names in his pedigree. :) $200 is a good price for a proven buck of good lines. Wish I was closer, see a couple of their does that I really like......

7. Julie2260

Julie2260 Active Member

Sherrie, We are about 60 miles southwest of Toledo. I only have one doe left to breed. She is 75% nubian and I really want her bred with a nubian. Her mother is part saanen, part nubian, and I had to breed her with a boar this year (which I really didn't want to do-but no choice). Time is running out. I have people that want 4H goats for next year, so kids have to be born before April 1st. Thanks.

8. plain vision

plain vision Well-Known Member

Hello,

There is a farm in Orient, Ohio with over 80 head of Nubians. They even have a Purebred Nubian buck, i don't know how if they would have bucks for sale but i know she has some does for sale (my thought is she most likely would have bucks for sale). They have show stock, breeding stock and even some grade stock. The grade animals do really well also and are great milkers. Those are Saanen/Nubian crosses. Her phone number is (614) 539-5955. Orient is just next to Columbus. She contacted us the other day seeing if we ever have Dairy sales at the Danville Auction. Yes we do, but they haven't done as well as the Boer sales. But we haven't figured out how to market them as well either... working on that. Anyway, she might have something you are looking for there. It sounds like they have pretty nice animals. Their name is John and Cheryl Steck.

Hope that helps,

sonja
    www.aopv.com