Desperately seeking a strong heathy German Lady for a short term fling

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Patty0315, May 27, 2004.

1. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

We would prefer her to be black and tan. Pink papers a plus. Must have good hips and elbows. Solid strong temperment. What do we have to offer , a middle age man who wants children of his own. We would like pick of the litter. He is straight from Germany with pink papers. He was a border patrol officer there. Good hips, great personality and gorgous. He weighs 88lbs. He is a Shutzhund 3 . I would also consider buying the right female dog. Please email me if interested.

FORBESFARM@MSN.COM

2. Patty0315

BET A BUNCH OF YOU THOPUGHT THIS WAS A NASTY THREAD, DIDN'T YA ? :haha:

3. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

Well gosh, Patty, especially since it was posted by a girl! I don't have a girl to offer you, but I sure wouldn't mind one of those pups! We have two wonderful boys. One is pet quality. The other is nearly perfect, but we made the mistake of neutering him (he was beginning to mount everything aggressively :rolleyes: ). I would really like a high quality female dog, but I'm running into lots of "dog snobs". It seems that no one wants to sell a very high quality dog to a person who doesn't already have a show champion. One of these days, I'll discover the secret handshake and these people will let me in! :haha: . I'm looking forward to the new Rally division that the AKC is starting. Maybe I can finally get some letters on the end of my "backyard champion's" names! Both my boys are gun agressive (i.e. they try to kill the gun), so I'm afraid Shutzhund is not in our future!

4. Patty0315

I really have no interest in show lines or most the people in them. Been there done that. I am close to a military base and hopeing I may find one there. If I cannot find one I will import one . One way or another we will have pups. I will keep you posted. A good working pup will not cost more than a show pup. Germany is much harder on there standards than the US , so some great dogs come out of there. I will put the link to a picture of him below.

http://community.webshots.com/user/patty0315

That should work , look under family. I will try to post a better picture of him

5. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I was thinking your not getting my wife :no: :haha:

big rockpile

6. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

Oh my, Patty, what beautiful dogs! The better of my two dogs was sired by a German import, and his mother was out of an American dog, and sired by a German import. I don't care about AKC conformation either. I would just like a really good female dog that I could use for obedience and maybe raise a litter or two. I know that there is quite a bit of rivalry between the working crowd, and the show crowd. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I love to watch all kinds of dog events. I don't like to see weaknesses bred into dogs of any breed in the name of vanity. I don't know how to post a picture, but I wish I could! I have a few pictures of my poochies on the couch in the same pose as yours! Best of luck with your search.

7. Patty0315

Rockpile, I am sure your wife is a very nice lady but you have nothing to worry about . My type is about 6"4 very hairy chest and big strong arms to hold me. And guess what I found him ! And he actually likes all my animals even if a bit jealous of the dog sometimes. all kidding aside I have a great man , if i lost him I wouldn't try again he could not be replaced. So now with that clear up please find Champ a girlfriend :eek: he is begging you.

8. Patty0315

The big problem with American show lines is the dog {most] could not do what they were bred to . There is a long jog the have to complete for the shutzhund test. Most American dogs are to over anglated to do. Also some temperments lack the soundness to do the bite work. The dogs are not mean it is what they are trained to do. I can trust mine with my kids and have no question they will not bite no matter how rotten the kids are . I also have no doubt they would lay down there lives to protect them. To watch a dog do bite work, tracking or obedience is just a beatiful thing to watch. Email me privately if you would like , we can keep in touch while I look for a new female. I have some connections with the kennel Champ came from so I may end up with a female dog from there. I would love to import a 2 year old but I am not sure if I have that kind of money. I may sell some stock to do it tho.

9. I just have to ask, what kind of dog are you talking about here? german shepherd, doberman?

mel-

10. Patty0315

Ooops GSD I sometimes forget there is any other dogs that do shutzhund . Sorry

11. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

Patty, I'm curious about these guys. ^_^ Can you PM me? Would love to see a pedigree? (and failing that, would love to come watch you guys work sometime if you are at our end of the state. SchH is AWESOME to watch.)

Cait

12. Patty0315

Sure I can , hope you can read German.

13. Patty0315

Well I can scan and email it . I cannot not get it copied here.

Vater : Yoschy von der Dollenwiese Sch3 :a: normal ZB: V

Mutter : Bazi vom Alten Warterhaus Sch 3 :a: fast normal ZB : Sg

14. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

I don't read German, but I know enough about pedigrees to manage. ^_^ (And enough shepherd people that I know to call and go "Hey, there's this neat lady on my forum with a dog that I think is really cool, what do you think of this pedigree and would she be a good persont o go to when I'm ready for my shepherd pup in a few years? ^_^)

15. barbarake

barbarake Well-Known Member

Well, since I'm a healthy strong German woman, I had to check out this thread!! :D And then I realize you're looking for a dog :waa:

Actually, I assumed you were looking for a rottweiler until I looked at the picture. What a beautiful dog.

You might want to consider getting the elbows checked in addition to the hips. I had a beautiful rottie a few years ago - absolutely gorgeous. Hips were fine. But it turned out that he had malformed elbows (which I had never heard of). Long story (that I won't go into) - but he ended up having to be put down.

Good luck finding a suitable girlfriend :)