Depressed goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by sancraft, Jul 5, 2005.

1. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

My family has bben through a lot this last 18 months. We lost of homestead to foreclosure, I got divorced, suffered and attack by my ex, moved in with my sister, finally bought 20 acres of land, moved into a tent on our land, our tent got robbed, living here there and everywhere until Thurs., when our cabin gets delivered. My goats were being boarded until the lady that we boarding at had to move (her landlord sold the property from under her with no notice). Then goats got moved to a friends house in the suburbs. She was zonde for goats, but had no fence and they had to stay in the horse trailer 24/7 for 2 months! We finally moved them to the land last Monday because our cabin was due to be delivered on Tues. Due to a series of unfortunate events, it wasn't and now the goats are at a neighbors. They are being staked out all day in an overgrown area of his property and put back in the trailer at night. His son's are taking excellent care of them. No complaints there. But whenI went up on Saturday to visit them and trim feet, they were so sad and needy. They all kept staying right with me. They were leaning on me, closing their eyes and not wanting me to get up or move away from them. They all looked so sad when we drove off and neighbor says they "cried" for nearly 2 hours. Some of them got hoarse from calling so long. The cabin is scheduled for delivery again on Thurs. I hope all goes well so my babies can finally come home. I miss them as much (if not more) than they miss me.

2. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

They're such big love bugs, aren't they? In just a couple of days you'll be out there where you can talk to them and cuddle them during the day and get back to something close to a normal routine. It sounds like all of you need that.

Take care of yourself. You've got my prayers and good thoughts heading your way!

3. trappmountain

trappmountain Well-Known Member

They are just missing you as much if not more you are missing them. They will be back to normal after you are permanently back together. I left for a weekend and took the kids we left on a friday morning after feeding and returned by evening feeding on Sunday. They didn't want us to leave the barn. My husband was home to care for them while we were gone but he doesn't spend the time with them my kids and I do. I'm glad I decided to stay home instead of taking off to Florida with the rest of the family for 6 days next week!!!! :)