Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So excited!
We put the deposits down today for the new ewe's we are getting, 2 Corridales. And the Ram comes on the 8th, he's a Columbia. We are awaiting delivery of the Columbia ewes, on the 20th!!
I'm going to cross the Corridales with the Columbia ram, and obviously use him to cover the Columbia ewe's.
On the wait list for a Rambouillet ram, maybe next year....they sure are hard to get a hold of out here...:hair

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rambouillets???????????????????????????????????

Reactions: lexierowsell

·
Registered
895 Posts
Why yes. Not registered, but nice sheep. Nice fleeces especially. Some are a little wild, but the lambs I've raised are the sweetest creatures on the planet. Big too. High parasite tolerance, grass only animals here.

ETA: will snap more pics this afternoon :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lexie, we need to talk.:grin:
As my DD is still just outside of San Antonio, it's not like I don't have an excuse to take a road trip.....

Reactions: lexierowsell

·
Registered
895 Posts
Lexie, we need to talk.:grin:
As my DD is still just outside of San Antonio, it's not like I don't have an excuse to take a road trip.....

Ha! Absolutely! It's awfully nice weather down here compared to there in Feb...

Diverse organic, grass-based farm in Georgetown, Tx.

Offering Rambouillet sheep(meat and fiber), East Friesian x Blue Faced Leicester sheep(DAIRY, meat, and fiber), small stature purebred Jersey cattle and ADGA Alpine and Nubian dairy goats.

Also 5+ acres in vegetables, CSA.

·
Registered
895 Posts
ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1414511155.760051.jpg
Two of my spring wethers (far left and front) with their midget mama (middle). Dear sweet Martha, bless her tiny heart, will be here for life. She raises her babies just fine, has no trouble delivering tiny twins and growing them up!

ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1414511577.286703.jpg
The wethers from above. Grass only, mama raised. They're gonna be tasty!

ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1414511292.152850.jpg
Mr Washington himself, with two members of his harem, both two year olds bred for the first time this season. Due Jan (I think). Please ignore the wool everywhere, I didn't clean it up well after shearing :p.

ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1414511397.965755.jpg
ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1414511526.197123.jpg
More two year old maiden ewes. These girls come from nice lines, and are beautiful, feminine examples of the breed. Gorgeous fleeces, pretty heads... Just nice nice girls.

Diverse organic, grass-based farm in Georgetown, Tx.

Offering Rambouillet sheep(meat and fiber), East Friesian x Blue Faced Leicester sheep(DAIRY, meat, and fiber), small stature purebred Jersey cattle and ADGA Alpine and Nubian dairy goats.

Also 5+ acres in vegetables, CSA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts