Dependent born overseas question

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by cheryl-tx, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cheryl-tx

cheryl-tx Well-Known Member

My oldest son was born in Germany. My hubby was stationed at Gieblestadt, and the birth was at the Army hospital in Weurzburg. I got the typical Birth Certificate for him, US Citizen born abroad (worded something like that) for him.

Anyways, I lost it, somehow, somewhere, I have tore this house apart, why it's not with the other kids BC's I don't have a clue.

Where or who would I contact to get a duplicate/copy?? Does anyone know or could point me in the right direction?????

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Not sure where to send you on this one, just contact your vets rep in the blue pages of the local telephone book for the correct answer, the rep will be in the state level entries.

3. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

State Department has them - Form FS-240 Consular Report of Birth Abroad - cost is $30.

To obtain a replacement for a lost or mutilated document, please submit a notarized written request including the original FS-240 or a notarized affidavit concerning the loss of the FS-240 and a $30 fee, payable to the “Department of State.” Mail it to the address below. The affidavit must contain the: 1) name, (2) date, and (3) place of birth of the subject; (4) a statement regarding the whereabouts of the original FS-240; and (5) be signed by the subject, parent, or legal representative.

Vital Records Section
    Passport Services
    1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 510
    Washington, D.C. 20522-1705

4. cheryl-tx

cheryl-tx Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help!

I searched so many webpages, finally found the actual website for Wuerzburg Hospital with a vital records link :clap:

Vital Records

If you are in need of a birth certificate for a child born in any US military medical facility, or marriage or death certificates formerly maintained by overseas facilities, please write or call the following:
    Vital Records
    800 9th Street SW, 1st Floor
    Washington, D.C. 20024

Telephone: 202-955-0307/0308